SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Great write-up, great pics, looks awesome! Maybe we will cross paths sometime this summer. I just picked up a yellow sedan and live in southern ME

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I've had a major breakthrough in explaining those mysterious 86,700 undocumented miles. We accidentally parked under a pine tree one night at the hotel during the WoodenBoat Show, and, while assessing the situation with the sap, I noticed an outline of what appeared to be some sort of decals. Further investigation later revealed that it was a huge "cannondale" decal that went all the way across the raised part of the hood. I am almost certain that this is it it its past life; I can't imagine that there was more than one of these.

Cannondale Decals

Does anyone on here know anything about the relationship between Cannondale and Volvo in the '90s? I would love to find more pictures and more of the story behind this.
Hahahah that's really cool!

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Just ordered up a couple of these:

because what says high performance better than a gigantic sticker advertising safety features??
:p :p :p

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Just chiming in, I wrapped my Titans in Michelin Pilot Super Sports and have been super happy with the ride quality. These have been my first big tire purchase and I'm not regretting them at all.

My car did come with a set of steelies with some all season tires that I will probably switch on for the winter when the car sits in my garage.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I saw your question regarding tire size above and thought I'd chime in: I'm 99% sure 205/45/ZR17 were the stock tires for the T-5Rs. When I bought mine, it came with the Pirellis that were this size and I've seen another Yellow come up for sale with the same tires and size. That's also why I went with the 205/45/ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sports

The Dolby addition looks pretty sweet! I've been impressed with the stock sound quality in my Yellow sedan, even from using a cassette adapter. I still have the correct working CD changer but have yet to install it (not sure how Volvo mounted it in the sedan). I'm toying with the idea of a GROM unit but then it kinda takes away from the totally bone stock feel. Hmmm

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Is that the sport exhaust as seen here?

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Interesting. Guess it's a good thing I already had a line of communication open with these guys. I'm continually amazed how many CL sellers just don't respond. I never heard back from that guy with the V70 2.5t I was going to go look at for you, either.

Didn't get the RIP kit yet. I'll probably meet up with Chris next week.........or maybe I should see about meeting up with him on Sunday since I'll be sailing a regatta at BU.....
Ugh very jealous of the RIP kit, been looking for one for my yellow as well. There is another user on here who claims to have pulled one from the junkyard but has been flaky when I tried to pay him money for it

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Engine bay looks awesome! Good work

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Jared, just curious what is the production date of your yellow? According to my door jamb, mine is May 1995 which seems pretty late

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I'd be interested in hearing about this fella in NH sometime. My driver's side rocker panel is in need of paint and although my hood is pretty clean, it was repainted at some point and doesn't QUITE match the rest of the vehicle

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Overseas delivery cars come with this sticker nowadays and my dealership recently just picked up a couple former OSD cars for our inventory so I snagged this sticker off one. Not applying it to my car though

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Found the "stone deflectors:" http://www.tascaparts.com/oe-volvo/1372838

Mine look like absolute sh|t but I'm not excited at all about paying $14 for a piece of self adhesive plastic lol. Guess I'll have to get some similar plastic material and cut some out myself :thumbup:. Anyone tried making these things out of clear bra material?
Ooo that's a good idea, mine look like crap too

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I never did test that touch up bottle but damn that's like a perfect match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was the touch up paint bottle from Volvo or something that had been mixed up specifically way back when? That does look pretty spot on

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Just for the hell of it, I just checked with my parts department at work and 607 touch up paint is very much NLA haha

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Putting them to good use, nice! Those brass clips actually look a lot like the stock shape :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Just as a reference point, here is the picture from the Volvo accessory catalog regarding the Ohlins

1 - 20 of 34 Posts