SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
20,160 Posts
JaredR - I met Maronha a few weekend ago to get a seatbelt for my wife's 02 XC. His Sonic is nice, and I heard the story of you coming down with your parents to pick this up. Luck guy.
I see you want a set of Titans, and while they need refinishing, GreenS60Guy has a set he was looking to sell. He's here in Maryland... http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?289058-Feeler-Post-Titans-for-sale

·
Registered
20,160 Posts
Car is looking great, Jared. Wish I'd known you were coming through. I'm about 30 minutes from maronha and would have liked to meet up and see this. Next time!

·
Registered
20,160 Posts
I did not, but that sounds great. Annapolis is about an hour away. Early morning coffee and Volvo meet up would be great, with whoever! Planning is the key. Maybe we create a thread soon and lock it down for larger attendance, so it is on everyone's calendar. Could be super nice. There is a dealer near there on 50. Might be kinda cool to meet up there. The red 850? He should buy it back...
{edit} The Volvo dealer looks a bit tight. If it were on a weekend, that would be preferable for all, I am sure. There's an office building next door that maybe would be a good meet up spot, and there's a Wawa on the other side of the dealer. Christmas I get Monday off (26th). If you're still in town that might be good.
I'll be just around the corner from Annapolis Volvo for Christmas! I'd like to bring this car if there is no salt on the roads yet. Did you get to see this car when maronha had it? He and I were also discussing trying to meet up with the guy who now owns his 850R at some point too.

·
Registered
20,160 Posts
He's got to get rid of the snakes first.
Running out of space in your garage? Thought about building another garage into that hill you have there? That would be pretty epic.

Somehow I have a feeling that the new owner of the 850R would be the bigger problem with this plan!

·
Registered
20,160 Posts
You didn't camp out there did you?
Nice lot, and great roads around him, though huh?
There are snakes on that hill?!

·
Registered
20,160 Posts
You should. The pictures you shared were making it look great! A hell of a commuter and then the truck and the sonic can chill at the homestead.
Mark will not me buying the 850R back!

·
Registered
20,160 Posts
The one with the tire is ridiculous. I'd be on the way to the hospital already. Never would have seen it.
Regarding the red, she did say she wanted you in a Volvo anyway...just gotta convince her that the sonic is worth keeping low mileage.

·
Registered
20,160 Posts
Insurance companies suck. I'd bite the bullet and use them for a much larger need like a front end loader snagging your car in the snow. Not that the carfax is that big of an issue. Anyone super interested in a well maintained yellow wagon is probably here and has your damage documented... I'm just glad you're ok and the damage wasn't worse. It really is the worst time of year for driving. My wife had a near miss Sunday night in the S60 at 70+. Glad she has new tires and a great maintained brake system.

·
Registered
20,160 Posts
Closer to bringing it to Maryland for the holidays!
Success! Things weren't feeling so good initially so I added a little bit of gas to the penetrating oil to thin it out with the hope that this would make it easier to work into the threads. That turned out to be a winner. Put some Never Seez on the new plugs so hopefully this will be a bit less stressful next time.

·
Registered
20,160 Posts
This concerned me at one point. I'm so careful with hood closing that the red alarm light and parking lights didn't flash the first time I washed and waxed the s60. Yes. The hood is likely part of that circuit. Makes sense. All secure inside and out. You need to drop the hood. Not slam, but not carefully click closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20,160 Posts
That poor thing looks so sad with Perfos and damage. Awww.

·
Registered
20,160 Posts
Tell us it's a state north or Maryland. Just.

·
Registered
20,160 Posts
It's a hike for me. If I had family nearby, maybe...

·
Registered
20,160 Posts
I'd be concerned about theft. Though, I guess if they want them, they're going to get them, one way or another.

·
Registered
20,160 Posts
Somewhere I have one of the original I :heart: MY VOLVO stickers from the late 70s. I wrote to VNA and they sent me one.

·
Registered
20,160 Posts
Yes! Except mine is the original. I like how he has them available as an inside application. Might have to get a small one.
One of these?
http://www.davebarton.com/VolvoStickers.html#ilovemyvolvo
I like it; might get one. I am running out of space for stickers, though. Maybe I need to make like a 75% copy of my Bernie sticker.........it is taking up a LOT of space right now.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20,160 Posts

·
Registered
20,160 Posts
I have looked, but not admittedly too hard. Figured if it came up quickly, I'd try, but nothing showed in searches.
But do they make a mini-P2R?

Yellow Volvo is best Volvo! (but I'm biased lol)

·
Registered
20,160 Posts
Sounds like you need to open those deliveries as soon as they arrive! Between that and the PCV...
Drenched the LCA pinch bolts in liquid wrench and called it a day. That's OK because I opened up my box of 302 brackets to the lovely surprise that they are cad plated, not painted black like the ones I put on my R. Guess I need to get some caliper paint....

1 - 20 of 77 Posts