SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
4,421 - 4,440 of 5,386 Posts

White Font Line Parallel Auto part

If it is malfunctioning, you can just vent the gas tank to atmosphere and plug the vac line.

Discussion starter · #4,422 ·
Thanks! I would think the shop would have replaced this during the evap hose replacement in July but maybe not. I'm sure it will be obvious if I were to look at it.

View attachment 136991

If it is malfunctioning, you can just vent the gas tank to atmosphere and plug the vac line.

Wow, still in the same spot on your car.

The valve gets a little sticky over time so I just sprayed it with some WD-40 and that loosened it up a bit - problem solved and never saw that CEL again. That said, you could always just replace it too.

Reactions: ZZZZZZZ
Discussion starter · #4,424 ·
So, parts orders to be made soon. Visiting a new indy that everyone in the area raves over, to get him on board with the rack replacement and while he's at it, a turbo replacement. Will convinced me Ben would be able to help out, so the parts are mostly coming from him, and I'll return mine in the same packaging/boxes to get the core back.

Ben:
  • Steering rack
  • turbo
  • delrin + bolts

FCP order:
  • motor mounts for the VR
  • rear bearings for the s60
  • maybe all around OEM brakes and rotors for the VR
Friends:
  • anyone want to send me their wallet?

In the mean time, calling the dealer to get all three airbags replaced. What a PITD.

You're gonna love the Delrin.

My local dealer cancelled my appointment yesterday. No idea why. Hopefully you have less annoyances in dealing with them than I've been hearing about so far.

Discussion starter · #4,426 ·
Missed calling the dealer for airbags but may have time tomorrow.
Called Ben instead and will see the new Indy Friday to schedule it all, based on Ben's timing of shipment/delivery.
Also need to order the other parts mentioned above.

Discussion starter · #4,427 ·
Nothing giant on progress other than the weather has turned. :(
  • Need to get rear s60 bearings. Probably order this week and try desperately to install before real old man winter arrives. Anyone want a six pack of good beer and some fun to assist? ;)
  • The new indy says he will get me a price for the labor for the VR. I was there Thursday. He knows. He just knows. (y)
  • Haven't seen the V70XC for a few months now. Hope it's being babied.
  • Can't pull trigger on the VR stuff until I get a cost for install as I want to make sure the guy will install rebuilt parts.

Reactions: tabormeister
Discussion starter · #4,428 · (Edited)
Swedish word of the day is “Fan”.
Made me laugh!

Discussion starter · #4,429 · (Edited)
I’m not joe wrencher. But I’m getting there and late in life. Typically as much effort as it took me today I’d have flipped out but not today. Rear hub/bearing was droning for the last few months and getting worse. I watched some vids and decided I could do it. Skf shipped from fcp and arrived Friday and just in time. Started out today instead of yesterday because we had a blow up on the power pole across the alley from us yesterday morning messing up the day…it was like war of the fing world. It was unbelievable.

Today:
I jacked it up and put a stand under it. slid the tire and wheel under. 👍🏻
Got out my giant cardboard and tools I assumed I’d need. 👍🏻
Went to remove the set screw from the rotor and the head
hex stripped. 👎🏻
Tried a Dremel to get a flathead in it. Nope. 👎🏻
Ended up having to hack it off and drill with a ‘screw out’ tool for the rest.😑
Pulled the caliper and set aside. 👍🏻
BFH and rotor dropped. 👍🏻
Then onto the four bolts. Raised the strut with another jack to get a little better vantage but maybe was my imagination. 🤷🏻‍♂️
That last bolt is an elusive mother. I’m going to dream about it tonight. had two swivels and extensions and I don’t even remember what I finally did but pb blaster is the sh!t. 👍🏻
Forgot already had a parking brake box on the shelf. Assembled and pow. Done. 👍🏻
Finally all ready to button it up and forgot I have no set screw. Yeah, I know probably not needed but I’m a rule follower. Off to Napa and nothing. They had bubkus.👎🏻
Lowe’s is maybe 1000 feet away across the road so off I go. Totally disorganized screw area but found what I needed. 👍🏻

Here’s your laugh for the day: all in, 5 fing hours. 👎🏻 And I only did ONE
Here’s mine: test drove and I hear nothing but motor. 👍🏻👍🏻
Window Automotive tire Wood Floor Bumper

Excellent job Ian! The first one takes the longest. I think I have a rear one going too. Need to jack it up and figure out which one.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Discussion starter · #4,431 · (Edited)
Maybe I’m tired. Maybe I’m hungry. Maybe it’s the beer I just had to celebrate, but I am a little emotional thinking about my Dad (still alive- turning 88 this coming year) and how he did this work to feed us and clothe and house us. In winter, summer, whatever. D!ck clients and wonderful ones. For the first five years in evenings after work or weekends he was outside. Then they enclosed the carport and my Dad had a nice setup. Cheers, Dad.

Discussion starter · #4,432 ·
Thanks, Todd. Really appreciate it.
Excellent job Ian! The first one takes the longest. I think I have a rear one going too. Need to jack it up and figure out which one.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hell yes! Props to your dad for being a champ, and props to you for [emoji112] getting[emoji112]sh!t[emoji112]done[emoji112]

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: maronha and ZZZZZZZ
Other side should only be an hour[emoji1787].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Nice work.
Sometimes you can also take a hammer and chisel/screw driver or similar tap on the slot you cut in a wrecked screw to break it loose with impact.

Discussion starter · #4,437 ·
Happy Thanksgiving, all. Cruised out to the airport in the VR and got an awesome space to pick up our daughter and now we’re all together. Wish I could buy this. I’d be so happy.

Discussion starter · #4,438 ·
Dang time flies. Two weeks ago it was in the 50s and was in a tee shirt fixing the s60. Today it’s 20s with windchill.
Winter project may be a woodworking thing. Trying to decide whether or not to take the challenge. Need to go see how ridiculous some of the prices are and play with pine pieces for the idea before I waste good quality hardwood. I’d guess there are places that will plane for me?

Reactions: tabormeister
Dang time flies. Two weeks ago it was in the 50s and was in a tee shirt fixing the s60. Today it’s 20s with windchill.
Winter project may be a woodworking thing. Trying to decide whether or not to take the challenge. Need to go see how ridiculous some of the prices are and play with pine pieces for the idea before I waste good quality hardwood. I’d guess there are places that will plane for me?
Oh whatcha thinking? I always build something in the winter! How far are the Amish from you? I'm lucky here to have them within a mile and saw mills to visit. Local mills around here will cut whatever you want 6/4 8/4 or bigger.

Discussion starter · #4,440 · (Edited)
I am not far away from Lancaster. It’s maybe 45 mins to an hour or so. Have discovered castlery joints and thought it would make for a cool new coffee table in our tv room, but not having a table saw (neighbor does have a really nice setup and said I could use but it would be pretty involved), I’m reluctant to try it. Just like the idea of no metal fasteners. I think if I could get close I’d be able to do the rest with hand tools and filing and sanding. I made a casual ‘table in a bag’ last year and while it’s ok, it didn’t turn out the way I really wanted. This one would be collapsible when not in use. The top would either be glass or thin lightweight wood with an inset frame to keep it in place underneath somehow. Small room.
I just searched and found a shop nearby in town that probably will do planing and has a good selection of old hardwood. I’ll have to visit soon and browse.
Oh whatcha thinking? I always build something in the winter! How far are the Amish from you? I'm lucky here to have them within a mile and saw mills to visit. Local mills around here will cut whatever you want 6/4 8/4 or bigger.

Reactions: JaredR
4,421 - 4,440 of 5,386 Posts