SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
4401 - 4420 of 4472 Posts

·
Registered
17,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,401 · (Edited)
I don’t like anyone touching my car. It’s inevitable someone has to and so I’m picky. I’ve been going to this place for 35 years. They were impressed with the tires and the tech told the office guy to look them up. He was intrigued.
Super smooth and well aligned and the car rides well but has revealed another hub that needs replacement as I thought it would be the tire making the noise but no. 😑 In addition it needed a tie rod replaced.
And the ac isn’t fixed so 28 bucks and 30 days of waiting and a sore back twisted to get to it didn’t remedy. Oh, well. Passed emissions (thanks @tabormeister ) aligned and new rubber. …some improvements and progress.
Vehicle Motor vehicle Building Car Automotive tire
I remember you talking about how much you enjoyed the Nokians somewhere on this site but couldn’t remember. I just got new tires and was tempted to ask you. I went with Costco special. Michelin pilot sport all season 4 with the Costco discount and Michelin it was 673 installed. First tire experience with Costco. Shipping took longer than expected but service was great. Hopefully it stays that way for the life of the tires. So far so good. Rubbing is night and day from the continentals. The xc90 needs tires. I’ll have to look into those!

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Small victory is still a victory! You'll get it

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ZZZZZZZ

·
Registered
92 Posts
That’s why I didn’t want to put new tires on. I was afraid of the noises. But so far so good knock on wood. The “best thing” about this is on a way to a wedding Friday I hit a pot hole…. Appointment was at 9:30am. Still happy I made it… even though I was way too tired too. They let me bring drinks in lol

·
Registered
17,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,405 · (Edited)
So, this car has officially been 112 months in my hands this month. It’s been awesome and has been almost as good a purchase as my Toyota 4x4 as far as looks and solidity for the first five, but I bought my 'Yota brand new and this is already 16, almost 17 years old and I’ve had it almost 10. Still looks pretty good.
Automotive side marker light Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car

Since the s60 has had a lot of attention lately I figured I would treat the VR to a fall clar bar and wax session. It was cloudy and cooler yesterday and today so took advantage. Smooth!! Not bad for cars that live outside all year. Later today I may try trinova on some black trim.
Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Daytime

Tire Wheel Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

·
Registered
17,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,408 ·
Last day of my weather. 83 and sunny and tomorrow is rain and 61. Sucks.
I visit the doctor SO infrequently it’s a shame as these end spaces are MY perfect width.
Does this thing REALLY have 161K and is it REALLY almost 15 years old??
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive side marker light

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I visit the doctor SO infrequently it’s a shame as these end spaces are MY perfect width.
View attachment 136585
Certainly doesn't look it

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,385 Posts
View attachment 136585
You can just tell a car that's been loved.

·
Registered
17,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,412 ·
Maybe I do need the doctor. I got four emails telling me the Nokians that have been on my wife’s car for almost two weeks are being refunded. I contacted them and said um… they’re on the car. They’re reversing refund. Almost had free nokians. 😑

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
Maybe I do need the doctor. I got four emails telling me the Nokians that have been on my wife’s car for almost two weeks are being refunded. I contacted them and said um… they’re on the car. They’re reversing refund. Almost had free nokians. 😑
Good guy karma points! 😇

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I got four emails telling me the Nokians that have been on my wife’s car for almost two weeks are being refunded. I contacted them and said um… they’re on the car. They’re reversing refund. Almost had free nokians. 😑
I ordered the Alpins at Costco, but had Volvo put them on the wheels because (1) they were oversized, and (2) I knew the outcome would be better if the damaged a wheel.

At Costco, the tire guy took we over to customer service to have the installation fee refunded, and the guy running that register was super confused, and also tried to refund the tires, which were already loaded in the car.

…I think it dipped below 50 here last night, so I’ve gotta start thinking about swapping those onto the car for the next 5-6 months.

·
Registered
17,389 Posts

·
Registered
17,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,417 ·
Well, after some jacked up activity, my bank account feels a little like Billy Martin...
Purchase
Refund
Purchase
Refund

FOUR TIMES.
At the end of the day I only bought three. :ROFLMAO:
$89.19 a piece. Not bad! LOL

S60: Sounding like I have another bad bearing now. How do I check the rears? Pisses me off. It rides so well after new tires - I was looking forward to silence and 5 cyl turbo noise.
Also, CEL is back. UGH! Evap hoses replaced, gas cap replaced, MAF cleaned and replaced (still have the old one), I guess it's the pump or the lines underneath?
If I can make this go away and get it quiet again, I will look at the BCM repair and this car should be good for a minute...

V70XC: Son says he worked a valet job for a fancy schmancy wedding over the weekend. The bride & groom drove away in a mid 60s fully restored Bronco with side flares and a hardtop. It sounded great (heavy lope - he snagged a video). They couldn't figure out how to start it (until someone showed then the hidden fuel kill switch) and they successfully prevented the wedding organizer from putting a banner on the flawless paint. The dash is almost dead now. He tapped it a few times and it came back. What a PITA.

·
Registered
14,385 Posts
Billy Martin, lol.

Have you checked the evap purge valve?

·
Registered
14,385 Posts
I have not. Where is it located?
Well that's a good question - it depends. On my '99 GLT it was mounted to the radiator shroud down low on the driver side but I've read on newer cars it can be in other places. Best way to tell is to trace the evap lines from the rear of the car.

4401 - 4420 of 4472 Posts