SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here use the Zymol leather products on their XC90, specifically the brown leather (which I think is more likely to show issues than black)?

I have used them for years on my other cars and like how gentle and 'natural' they are. The cleaner is not overly strong (no alcohol vs the volvo product), and the conditioner is a lot like a nice skin conditioner, not a lot of funky chemicals. I am concerned though to stray from the Volvo product (which seems very watery) and cause stains/darkening.

Please comment

This is the product:

https://www.amazon.com/Zymol-Z-507-...601306&s=gateway&sprefix=zymol,aps,165&sr=8-3

Also what are folks using on the dash/door 'leather'?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Lexol, Armor All leather conditioner. No issues either way. I have the brown leather.

·
Registered
491 Posts
None of that crap. Just get warm water with a couple drops of dawn soap. Two buckets. One soap and one water. Micro fiber cloth and go to town. The leather is sealed unlike a baseball glove and therefore conditioner doesn’t penetrate. Test by dropping water and seeing if it pools or penetrate.

Salt is the worse for leather.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Everyone has their favorites. I use Griots garage products and have used their leather conditioner and cleaner for years. Have had no issues at all. I also use the clear interior cleaner spray for doors and dash. It doesn't leave a shine as some other products do. I just cleaned by steering wheel this morning and was shocked how dirty it was. And I clean it regularly.

·
Registered
2018 Volvo V90CC T6
1,081 Posts
I have the Amber colored perforated leather seats in my MY18 V90CC.

Everyday Light dirt and/or dye transfer - (warm water-dipped) Cloth or Volvo wipes and some elbow grease.

Twice/Thrice a year car Interior detail - Chemical Guys Leather cleaner and conditioner.

I use the exact same setup for the Door and dash leather.

EDIT: The Zymol products look good (although I have never heard of them). Also, they are ridiculously expensive (compared to what I use now).

https://www.amazon.com/Chemical-Guy...&pf_rd_p=77436a8d-117e-5a17-8f22-68fdc2a9abcc

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I have used Lexol or Apple on my 1996 Volvo. The seats still look new. No cracking. I’m sure this is a different kind of leather from the XC 2019. But I think it speaks for the quality of the cleaning product.

Nora in Florida
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK so far no one has used Zymol, but I appreciate the input

as an aside, If you haven't tried Klasse for the exterior you are missing out, love it

·
Registered
88 Posts
OK so far no one has used Zymol, but I appreciate the input

as an aside, If you haven't tried Klasse for the exterior you are missing out, love it
Klasse is terrific. Post #3 has it right concerning leather conditioners...a waste of money and time. But if it makes you feel good...

·
Registered
344 Posts
I use Zymol and it works well for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts