SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread is long overdue, so grab some popcorn for this fun little story time.

Many moons ago, maybe 4 years or so, my brother in law decided he missed having three pedals ever since he stopped driving the mini truck he had in high school. So after he graduated from his doctoral program he rewarded himself with this C30 T5 R Design. It's an M66 fairly base model, no sunroof (Yay!), no heated seats (Oof), no power seats (Meh). The PO installed an aftermarket RSB, which is AWESOME, and kept it up with the same local indy my sister and BIL went to with their xc60, so it's been fairly well maintained.

Now back to more recent times, my sister and BIL moved to silicon valley for work, and with good public transportation comes less driving. So he didn't really want the expense of having it around. Him and my dad had been talking about selling it to each other for awhile at the time when my girlfriend and I decided to visit my sister and BIL in the bay area for spring break of 2020. We all know how late march panned for the the pandemic, so instead of risking another flight or getting stuck in a shut down layover my GF and I drove this back to my Milwaukee!

We made it back to Milwaukee where the VR was patiently waiting,

It got a detail

It helped me move into my new apartment

And it got some upgrades

And now with my VR's dash being in a million pieces and the 850's vacuum system leaking like a sieve I've been rocking this little thing for awhile.

That brings us up the the current state of the c30, this thread will be for any continued updates on the car and any other conversations that seem relevant!

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Nice looks almost identical to mine, the RSB and lights were the first thing upgraded as well! Any specific plans for the car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Hmm that car is very similar to mine... let me go check my driveway...

jk, looking forward to more updates!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice looks almost identical to mine, the RSB and lights were the first thing upgraded as well! Any specific plans for the car?

I still need to take a pic of the manufacturer of the RSB, I’ve never heard of them before. Might be a focus aftermarket brand? Idk

But regarding future plans, shark is local to my parents back in MN, and they have phenomenal p1 tunes and have great customer support especially for locals. So a tune + supporting mods might be in its future.

Honestly I’m falling in love with this car so a suspension refresh might be in the future with BC coil overs. But that’s not for sure yet, gotta weather this corona storm first

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm that car is very similar to mine... let me go check my driveway...

jk, looking forward to more updates!
I know! I can’t believe I haven’t seen your c30 yet especially with how much I’ve been going north to the gf’s parents house. Yours will put this to shame though, needs trim attention and an interior detail

·
Registered
32 Posts
ohhh derp... i should have thought rear sway bar. Yeah it made the best difference to my C30. also, not as noticeable and maybe i just like the look of it but the rear chassis brace is a good addition aswell

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I know! I can’t believe I haven’t seen your c30 yet especially with how much I’ve been going north to the gf’s parents house. Yours will put this to shame though, needs trim attention and an interior detail

If you wanna send that spoiler my way... ;)

For real though if you change wheels let me know because I’m looking for a set of stock P1 17” wheels.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you wanna send that spoiler my way... ;)

For real though if you change wheels let me know because I’m looking for a set of stock P1 17” wheels.
The r design spoilers fit so well, but I really like Micheals homemade spoiler on his c30....

The wheels on the c30 are 18”, to my disappointment. Rides so much worse than my gf’s s40 downtown, I want to switch them out to 17’s with a phat tire but haven’t found anything my dad and I both like yet.

He loves the OEM wheels but I’m not a fan tbh

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
You're right behind me at 93k! Has yours had the T-Belt done yet?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You're right behind me at 93k! Has yours had the T-Belt done yet?
Yup! Had it done whit a lot of other work, I think that was when the AC compressor was replaced too

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Noice, it's on my to do list for next year. Can't wait to see what develops with the car!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts