SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

161 - 180 of 218 Posts

·
Registered
15,894 Posts
The second one came from near the hatch struts. On one end it’s connected to the amp but it wasn’t connected on the other end and just plopped down when I popped off the trim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think that's factory. What's the box say on it?

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
I don't think that's factory. What's the box say on it?
Doesn’t say too too much

JFC of course I covered up the identifying numbers

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
That’s an aftermarket car phone kit. No wonder your reception is bad! You need to take out the car phone amplifiers and attach the radio back to the correct amplifier which should be mounted near the window antenna.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
That’s an aftermarket car phone kit. No wonder your reception is bad! You need to take out the car phone amplifiers and attach the radio back to the correct amplifier which should be mounted near the window antenna.
MY SAVIOR

The amp by the window antenna didn’t appear to be wrongly connected... I’ll take a closer loo land take pics tomorrow

·
Registered
15,894 Posts
LOL yeah that's definitely not supposed to be there.

I think those radio antennae receivers can fail; I have really bad reception in my 850R and it's all correctly connected.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
LOL yeah that's definitely not supposed to be there.

I think those radio antennae receivers can fail; I have really bad reception in my 850R and it's all correctly connected.
After 20 years, they probably need to be recapped.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #167

·
Registered
270 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
There are the four shown in the picture and two more under the ash tray. Does that make sense?
Yup! I was diving deeper into it and I found another thread that showed the two bolts by the ash tray. I'll have to take those out on Friday and see if comes loose. Are those the last of them?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Yup! I was diving deeper into it and I found another thread that showed the two bolts by the ash tray. I'll have to take those out on Friday and see if comes loose. Are those the last of them?
Yes, you should be able to grab the bottom of the dash and swing it towards you.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
Yes, you should be able to grab the bottom of the dash and swing it towards you.
Noice, I'm eager to get it back together and hopefully with working AC. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
Another question, I've only began to realize how extra slow this VR is compared to other p80 VR's. What's the best option to replace the CBV diaphragm? The only options I've found in my initial search is the IPD kit and I'm hesitant to order that.

Secondly, is the procedure for adjusting the wastegate arm in this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK6V3G-yfh8) IPD video the correct procedure?

Lastly, are M4.X TCV's different from 850 to X70? The TCV (or as the IPD video labels it as a Boost Control Solenoid/BCS) I've found for this VR is Pierburg 9155936, but the only part number I've found for my 850 is discontinued (1271630 which is superseded by 3531086, both discontinued via Volvo Parts Webstore). The CBV is the same between the two becasue they're both TD04 based turbos, but does the TCV (or BCS if I'm using the wrong term) change from 850 to X70?

Pic of the Pierburg 9155936 TCV:

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
The R uses the same TCV as the other turbo cars. The earlier 850s used a different TCV.

I haven't personally used the iPD CBV diaphragm so I couldn't say how the quality is.
All the X70 TCV's are the same, but the reason I asked is because FCP listed the above pictured TCV as only fitting X70's and I was wondering if that was correct or if it also fits 850's (specifically my 850 lol)

Have you used any CBV diaphragm?

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I put the IPD CBV in my 850 R, it was pretty good, albeit it was the “stock one”. Power felt like it should have. Unfortunately there’s not another choice other than the Volvo kit which is $$$.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
I put the IPD CBV in my 850 R, it was pretty good, albeit it was the “stock one”. Power felt like it should have. Unfortunately there’s not another choice other than the Volvo kit which is $$$.
I think that’s what I’ll be going with. Although the MN guys are talking about a forge unit... so I might shop around. But the IPD Kit cost it’s unbeatable!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
Also, the two bolts by the ash tray (shout out [mention]Galaxie64 [/mention] ) WORKED!! The dash is loose and will be coming out tomorrow morning!! SO glad to finally sort out the AC!!

·
Registered
15,894 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #179
Lot of discussion about the ipd cbv in my 850R thread. Not recommended. (shocker LOL)

https://forums.swedespeed.com/showt...ssion-thread&p=7445035&viewfull=1#post7445035
I am naturally hesitant to run any ‘aftermarket’ solution IPD sells outside of maybe sway bars. But I really want to replace the diaphragm, not the spring. I’d likely retain the the spring that came off the stock application.

Did you investigate that diaphragm itself or only the spring?

·
Registered
15,894 Posts
I am naturally hesitant to run any ‘aftermarket’ solution IPD sells outside of maybe sway bars. But I really want to replace the diaphragm, not the spring. I’d likely retain the the spring that came off the stock application.

Did you investigate that diaphragm itself or only the spring?

scroll down Andy had some choice words for that part too

161 - 180 of 218 Posts