SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Great find; congrats. I’ll be following.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks! I'm eager to get it back to tip top shape, but good things come in time lol

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Also that would be a yes lol....that was liable to blow up in a hurry had I taken the bait.
Thankful for that! Part of me hopes that this semester (my last), gets pushed to online classes only so I can go back home and work on this thing all the time! LOL

·
Registered
833 Posts
Good job.

·
Registered
15,926 Posts
Thankful for that! Part of me hopes that this semester (my last), gets pushed to online classes only so I can go back home and work on this thing all the time! LOL
Ha. Yeah that would be the smart way to do it, anyway. All these schools reopening are just playing Russian Roulette and it's not getting better anywhere.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Ha. Yeah that would be the smart way to do it, anyway. All these schools reopening are just playing Russian Roulette and it's not getting better anywhere.
This reply didn’t age well... good thing I haven’t left my studio apartment in like 3 months LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Something that did age well is my patience to get ahold of parts for this project, unlike my 850R project. A 98 VR popped up at a local junkyard so my dad and I were able to score a bunch of goodies that I’ve been wanting for a long while.

Scored the full interior, which will be transplanted onto my 99 seats. I know a local upholsterer that does good work, I want to ask to add a little more foam to make a larger bolster too, similar to what Neal did in his 850 build... that’s tbd though. The front seats need some repair, but totally worth the $150 for basically the entire interior. Rears are in rally good shape, just need a cleaning. There’s some deep dents in the leather that need a day in the sun to bring back to normal position.

There were some casualties though, the rear drivers side door car will need to have these mounts epoxied back on. But got the stainless sill plates without bending them!

And pulled the SC-901 too, will have to go back to potentially pull more in depth parts too, but the 901 was an easy one to toss in. Will likely use it in my VR before the t5m because this t5m doesn’t have the Dolby box to support the 901 I think.

I also recently scored a set of brand new jewels too, I wanted to sell them but I’m on the fence for that. Might wrap them in clear film and run them in LED lows because I loved the LED jewels in my old NA/m.

Very happy with this project update, next in line is to get the interior habitable then the car is off to get some paint work done, along with the new R bumper and wing painted to match.

·
Registered
197 Posts
great score...!! Jewels + Morimoto LED's

·
Registered
15,926 Posts
^

Did you take the under seat amp and harness? Always worth grabbing those and you'll want to use that in your T5M if you don't have it. Then you can add the Dolby module properly.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
great score...!! Jewels + Morimoto LED's
I had morimoto LED's in my old NA/m, will have to get another set for these! Those were absolutely amazing

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
^

Did you take the under seat amp and harness? Always worth grabbing those and you'll want to use that in your T5M if you don't have it. Then you can add the Dolby module properly.
Is it under the passenger or drivers side seat? I don’t remember seeing anything there but my dad pulled the front seats.

I can see the dolby box plug, but can’t see the amp.

Found another pic, still can’t tell if it was in there... lol I can’t remember seeing anything down there

·
Registered
273 Posts
Something that did age well is my patience to get ahold of parts for this project, unlike my 850R project. A 98 VR popped up at a local junkyard so my dad and I were able to score a bunch of goodies that I’ve been wanting for a long while.

Scored the full interior, which will be transplanted onto my 99 seats. I know a local upholsterer that does good work, I want to ask to add a little more foam to make a larger bolster too, similar to what Neal did in his 850 build... that’s tbd though. The front seats need some repair, but totally worth the $150 for basically the entire interior. Rears are in rally good shape, just need a cleaning. There’s some deep dents in the leather that need a day in the sun to bring back to normal position.

There were some casualties though, the rear drivers side door car will need to have these mounts epoxied back on. But got the stainless sill plates without bending them!

And pulled the SC-901 too, will have to go back to potentially pull more in depth parts too, but the 901 was an easy one to toss in. Will likely use it in my VR before the t5m because this t5m doesn’t have the Dolby box to support the 901 I think.

I also recently scored a set of brand new jewels too, I wanted to sell them but I’m on the fence for that. Might wrap them in clear film and run them in LED lows because I loved the LED jewels in my old NA/m.

Very happy with this project update, next in line is to get the interior habitable then the car is off to get some paint work done, along with the new R bumper and wing painted to match.

Great score. I'm glad you got the goodies.

·
Registered
15,926 Posts
Is it under the passenger or drivers side seat? I don’t remember seeing anything there but my dad pulled the front seats.

I can see the dolby box plug, but can’t see the amp.
It doesn't look like much. Has to be there for SC-900/901 to give you anything other than the center channel.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Noice! Now I understand why I didn't hear from you about the door cards and whatnot, LOL. No hard feelings! Well done, sir! :thumbup:

Just to be clear, the amp is under the passenger side seat near the center console. The harness also runs along that side, obvi.

Don't worry about the clips. On the door cards I harvested, they all came unglued. Cars are 20 years old now. I don't know if epoxy is necessary though, I'd probably use Gorilla glue or similar.

Edit: Also, don't forget the leather shift knob and emergency brake handle. Steering wheel is not thumb grip, but still unique to MY98 VR. Might be able to resell it.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Noice! Now I understand why I didn't hear from you about the door cards and whatnot, LOL. No hard feelings! Well done, sir! :thumbup:

Just to be clear, the amp is under the passenger side seat near the center console. The harness also runs along that side, obvi.

Don't worry about the clips. On the door cards I harvested, they all came unglued. Cars are 20 years old now. I don't know if epoxy is necessary though, I'd probably use Gorilla glue or similar.

Edit: Also, don't forget the leather shift knob and emergency brake handle. Steering wheel is not thumb grip, but still unique to MY98 VR. Might be able to resell it.
Classes got in the way as well! Excited for those to be over lol. But I appreciate the well wishes!

I'll be stopping back on Wednesday to *hopefully* pull the amp/harness/Dolby box along with the center console, dash pad, and maybe the lower dash if the mounts are in good shape if its still there. The parking break handle wasn't stitched leather, I'll double check though. Steering wheel looked beat too, but it will also be coming off for the dash so might have to pull that too!

That's good news on the door cards too, I guess it isn't plastic to plastic like dash mounts. Will pick up a good glue for it.

·
Registered
15,926 Posts
My dad has been using super 90 on his door panels and they seem to be holding together so far. We'll see how long it lasts.

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
21 - 38 of 38 Posts