SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 XC 60 that I bought OST. I love the car, but have decided since my recent move I want a hybrid. I bought the car before I decided to move, and I now live in a small town, where most of my Intown driving can be pure battery. I am also on solar power, so charging the car is essentially free.

I want the TV. I saw one available at my local dealer, but the price was too high. In approximately three weeks, the price has come down. When I originally spoke to the dealer, he was not willing to come down in price. Paragraph we talked about leasing a 2019. He ran the numbers, and it is definitely a bit cheaper than buying the car at the initial price. Same model and options. The local dealer will have to find The car.

But they also have a 2018 XC 60 on the lot, that has now been reduced in price-it is now being offered a price I was originally hoping to negotiate. ($57k). It is a CPO one, with 13,000 miles. Carfax is clean.

What’s your thought, XC 60 CPO 13,000 miles purchased? Or 2019 lease?

Dealer has to go out and find the vehicle I want for the lease. The 2018 is sitting on the lot.

I am slightly more inclined to put my money into the purchase, if only because I have equity when I am ready to trade it in. But… I understand the benefits of a brand new car, and I am incorporated, and the company can absorb the lease.

The only other thought I have is that the 2020 car has a better battery range-if I buy the 2018 car I can upgrade sooner.

If I lease the 2019 I am in the car for three years.

Would love your thoughts and input.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
The one with color and options you like?

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are quite similar... I won’t find what I want, but there is a range within which I can live... 🤣

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Have you factored in the tax credit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
The XC90 T8 is over 6000 lbs. and qualifies for the accelerated depreciation. So you can take a $28,000 write down first year, but only if you purchase the car. Not sure the XC60 is heavy enough to qualify. Having said that, the XC60 T8 does qualify for about $5000 in Federal Tax credit. There is probably a State rebate or credit, you will need to check that out. Not a lot of difference between the 2018 and 2019. Probably won't get a big discount on a new 2019 T8 where as a used 2018 T8 has already depreciated some. More room for negotiation on price. Comes down to the options and colors. I really enjoy the XC90 T8 with Bowers & Wilkins Stereo and the inscription seats, plus air suspension. Those were must have options. Good luck in your search. The XC60 T8 has better performance due to lighter weight than the XC90 T8

·
Registered
95 Posts
You can still find new 2018 T8s in that price range - that’s what I did. Neither the lease nor the CPO will qualify for the federal electric vehicle tax credit (for you - Volvo gets the credit if you lease - use that data point for negotiation), and probably not state credits, while a new 2018 does qualify, so be sure to factor that in to your cost analysis.

If you find a vehicle at a far away dealer you can have it shipped. I shipped mine to Denver from Stamford, CT.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I went with a CPO T8 hybrid. I got super lucky and found a 2019 that met my requirements. Even with incentives and tax credits, my total out of pocket costs were much less with a CPO, and I don't mind that someone else "broke the car in for me". (I know that's not really the case, it's just a phrase). I drove around 250 miles to get my T8.

Considering you are incorporated, what @drmanny3 mentioned about advanced depreciation qualification on a XC90, I might be looking in that direction,

I love my T8. My wife keeps mentioning she can't get over how quiet it is compared to the previous XC60. Trade up. Life is too short to be driving the wrong car.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You can still find new 2018 T8s in that price range - that’s what I did. Neither the lease nor the CPO will qualify for the federal electric vehicle tax credit (for you - Volvo gets the credit if you lease - use that data point for negotiation), and probably not state credits, while a new 2018 does qualify, so be sure to factor that in to your cost analysis.

If you find a vehicle at a far away dealer you can have it shipped. I shipped mine to Denver from Stamford, CT.

How much did it end up costing you to have the vehicle shipped?

·
Registered
38 Posts
2019 also has larger fuel tank and newer sensus chips.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts