1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had two choices from discount tire.

American Racing's Coil "hyper black"

QT's 502 "titanium grey"
Both are 18X7.5 but the american racing is a little cheaper. These are the only one in TX discount tire could find. On the website it doesn't say it makes it for our cars but I got representatives saying they do have it.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Re: (bopmychimbeech)

Quote, originally posted by bopmychimbeech »
Being in high school has its limits.

I understand the money issue, and I realize that wheels in the stupid 5x108 bolt pattern can be hard to find. I guess what I should have said is what someone else said, try and save up for some nicer wheels. I think if you buy either of those you will not be happy in the end and doing a disservice to your car (I would not be surprised to see something like that on a sunfire/cavalier if you know what i'm saying). Putting the cheapest wheels you can find on just to say you have "aftermarket wheels" is not the ideal option.

Also, It's generally a good idea to lower your car first. I find cars that are stock height with aftermarket wheels look odd.

That's just my opinion. If you forced me to choose I would say the second ones, A) because I find the first ones don't look very good and B) because they are American racing.

Good luck on your wheel hunt.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Your opinions on wheels (mike_c70)

Quote, originally posted by mike_c70 »
Out of those two, the first one....

Did you check out tirerack's choices?
Checked out tirerack and the only one that appeals to me is the kazera ka-a and thats silver. No powdercoating shops out here. So yea I'm REALLY limited... unless someone say has some titanium pegs with tires lying around collecting dust somewhere.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Re: Your opinions on wheels (bopmychimbeech)

unless someone say has some titanium pegs with tires lying around collecting dust somewhere.

check the Classified section, you may find something you like

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Your opinions on wheels (bpwrightwv)

Yea the pegs aren't the color that would match my car. I am very picky when it comes to color. I called discount tire and they said there weren't any else out there unless I custom ordered one but that one I would have to pay all at once and I'm going by payments. I'll save up after college for those 19 inch HRE's with Yokohama ADVANs soles

·
Registered
547 Posts
Re: Your opinions on wheels (bopmychimbeech)

Yea the pegs aren't the color that would match my car. I am very picky when it comes to color. I called discount tire and they said there weren't any else out there unless I custom ordered one but that one I would have to pay all at once and I'm going by payments. I'll save up after college for those 19 inch HRE's with Yokohama ADVANs soles

why not just take the money going to college and buy the wheels, you are a balla!!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: (TFS)

OF COURSE I'm going to lower my car first then get those later. What volvo owner would not know about style if lowering wasn't on their to-do list. Also is there something that I missed about American Racing and why everyone is so bias against them? If it isn't so much to ask can someone photoshop both wheels? I am in a deadlock right now.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts

bopmychimbeech-

both are ugly. I'd spend money on as little as possible.

you have a relatively new/nice car for a high school kid. spend your money on girls, not cars. You'll have a LOT more fun, trust me.

maybe lower it, chip it, and add an exhaust. tint your windows, and play with your stereo. that ought to cost enough as it is.

that's all I'd do.

your stock wheels are probably fine. lowering the car will make it look better than those wheels. cheap wheels usually don't look good. they are cheap and look cheap. your car isn't cheap..so don't put cheap wheels on it.

·
Registered
547 Posts

OF COURSE I'm going to lower my car first then get those later. What volvo owner would not know about style if lowering wasn't on their to-do list. Also is there something that I missed about American Racing and why everyone is so bias against them? If it isn't so much to ask can someone photoshop both wheels? I am in a deadlock right now.

Probably because those American Racings are ugly and are a brand which are sold at Pepboys.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: (23109VC)

Quote, originally posted by 23109VC »
bopmychimbeech-

both are ugly. I'd spend money on as little as possible.

you have a relatively new/nice car for a high school kid. spend your money on girls, not cars. You'll have a LOT more fun, trust me.

maybe lower it, chip it, and add an exhaust. tint your windows, and play with your stereo. that ought to cost enough as it is.

that's all I'd do.

your stock wheels are probably fine. lowering the car will make it look better than those wheels. cheap wheels usually don't look good. they are cheap and look cheap. your car isn't cheap..so don't put cheap wheels on it.
I'm lowering it before I put the wheels, I opened up the muffler to make a second exhaust hole, got an appointment on Monday to tint the window, and I am going for looks before I bring the boom. Also I spoil my girlfriend as much as it is already so yes the next thing to do is new rims. I got another choice for yall.

Light as heck but it isnt as wide as I want it to be, then again they did invent spacers
. What do yall think of it?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts