SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about refinishing my Pegs but I want to do something different.
I was thinking about doing some R gauge inspired wheels, with the face being the radiant dark blue and the rest black to match the car.
Would that much color be overkill ?

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Nope. Do it.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
^^^ I think the black on the inside of the wheels will help a lot.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Id like to see the blue on the outside and black or silver on the inner wheel. That all blue one looks like papa smurf just smurfed all over it :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,822 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I work for a wheel repair/recon company, were always customizing peoples factory wheels so its not a matter of how to do it just whether or not to. the wheels can always be stripped and repainted to hyper silver if i want..

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
if that's the case, screw it! just do it! :D

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
if that's the case, screw it! just do it! :D
Surprised you haven't asked him to do some green accent work on your wheels yet ;)

To the OP, I think the first picture posted by Matt looks great. Also, if you were able to get a matte metallic blue look going that isn't too, well, smurf-ish as it was said, that would look great as well. I think the silver may just contrast better to the black sapphire and let the blue accents do the talking.

However, you are in a position few of us are ever in, working at a wheel shop, so do whatever the $%^&* you want!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts