SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Volvo V90CC T6
1,028 Posts
It does not say what engine they are gonna use in a 10k lbs Vehicle. That poor 2.0L!

·
Registered
6,910 Posts
It does not say what engine they are gonna use in a 10k lbs Vehicle. That poor 2.0L!
"Underpinning the XC90 Armored is a Volvo XC90 T6 AWD Inscription."

So it is going to be turtle slow? 10+ second for 0-60?

·
Registered
2018 Volvo V90CC T6
1,028 Posts
"Underpinning the XC90 Armored is a Volvo XC90 T6 AWD Inscription."

So it is going to be turtle slow? 10+ second for 0-60?
Missed that! Oh wow. That's gonna be one slow Vehicle. Not that armored vehicles are known to be fast, or even swift. It's gonna take you back to the 80s for acceleration timings.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I had a 170 hp armoured vehicle in one of the craziest countries in the world. Fast? No, but that is out of the question here. 320 hp in the T6 and 10k lbs will be better, but speed is the last concern in these cars. Pretty sure The Beast has a worse weight/hp ratio.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Ikr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I wonder what the mileage will be like?

Will the armor make it any safer in a crash?

Nora in Florida
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,730 Posts
everyone talking about these cars being slow need to realize they will spend most of their lives trundling through narrow third world pathways and will never have a need to get up to speed. when the time comes for the armor to actually do its work the point will be outlasting the firefight, not outrunning it.

Something is wrong with the inscription leather in one of the photos though, it looks like cheap momentum leather. That grain can be seen a mile away, not so if it was nappa inscription leather.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I thought these SPA Volvos were already crashproof & bulletproof?

·
Registered
6,910 Posts
Wondering why don't they put the Excellence seats and small refrige in it, or the removable front passenger seat.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Seems they’ve added a second body shell on top of the original one.
How they’d made the windows open like that is beyond me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Volvo must install 2 bigger and high pressure turbochargers and supercharger to power this car.

What's the point of an armoured car so slow that it can be taken off the road and cabsized by a slow moving chasing truck?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Something is wrong with the inscription leather in one of the photos though, it looks like cheap momentum leather. That grain can be seen a mile away, not so if it was nappa inscription leather.
Perhaps the cheap leather is in fact better, armored as compared to nappa :cool:

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
I wonder what the mileage will be like?
I don't think the owner of an armored vehicle gives a hoot about mileage...

Will the armor make it any safer in a crash?

Nora in Florida
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It will make it safer but that's one car you don't want to be crashing against...

·
Registered
8,730 Posts
Perhaps the cheap leather is in fact better, armored as compared to nappa :cool:
Or since these are gonna be trolling around in 3rd world despots they didnt see the need to expend the extra cost.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
everyone talking about these cars being slow need to realize they will spend most of their lives trundling through narrow third world pathways and will never have a need to get up to speed. when the time comes for the armor to actually do its work the point will be outlasting the firefight, not outrunning it.

I wouldn’t describe momentum leather as cheap. The quality of Volvo’s base leather is still quite high.

·
Registered
8,730 Posts
Must have never experienced real inscription leather then.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
Must have never experienced real inscription leather then.
Don’t be so dramatic. I have. Let me restate what I said: momentum leather is not low quality.

I made no comment on the quality of inscription leather ;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts