SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Vikings!

I've recently received my drivers permit (second stage of a full drivers license where I live), and have inherited my family's 1998 Volvo V70 T5 (manual :D and mystic silver for those that were wondering), that we had for it's entire life (300K kilometres [186K miles). The family has ordered a new car, so I'm stuck with the wagon, which I'm actually very happy with.

Ideally, (being a teenager, I have my "plans" to what I would like to do with the car), I would like to eventually convert it to electric power in an EVWest Fashion (although it will be quite a few years before any of that is done).

Right now the plan is just to get it fully functioning so it can still withstand until the electric conversion. Just a couple parts and pieces that need to be replaced, and added (roof rails, which my parents stupidly did not get from factory, replacement fog lights, tailgate panel, etc.). As I'm paying for everything out of my, truth be told, shallow pockets, I can't do everything I would like, but I'm still looking forward to getting the car nicely restored/fixed.

Hope you guys can join in the ride!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Nice! I've had my license for 2 years! Bought my first Volvo at 14 while in the permit stage. 1999 V70XC with 160,000 miles, electric silver. It now has 212,000 and still runs like a champ! I went the other way than you though. Upgraded to a V8 XC90 and my dad loved my car so much, he bought it! I would kill for that manual tranny though!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts