SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Step 1 - Call the number. They say no-can-do, download the app and set that up first and call back.
Step 2 - Download the app. Go through typing some stuff in and make up a password. It sends you an email.
Step 3 - Get email and click on link.
Step 4 - Get error - 410
Step 5 - Buy Lexus :rolleyes:

·
VOC / Connectivity Expert
496 Posts
Step 1 - Call the number. They say no-can-do, download the app and set that up first and call back.
Step 2 - Download the app. Go through typing some stuff in and make up a password. It sends you an email.
Step 3 - Get email and click on link.
Step 4 - Get error - 410
Step 5 - Buy Lexus :rolleyes:
I just tried this. There is no error. When you click the link it works as expected. Did you try on your phone? Have you tried on a desktop? Can you try the link again or try the request process?

Customer Care can not (and should not) make your VolvoID as it will be the way to access things like driving history and the vehicle itself. That is why they told you to download the app and make an ID. If you want to make on online, the URL is: https://volvoid.eu.volvocars.com/Account/initaccount?language=en&market=US

I can appreciate your frustration due to lack of information / guidance, but by the same token... give it a chance. Trying to help you out here!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We seem to have lost the connection. Please try again. [500]

Volvo IT is having a bad day. When it doesn't do that it thinks I did the Captcha wrong when I didn't.

·
496 Posts
We seem to have lost the connection. Please try again. [500]

Volvo IT is having a bad day. When it doesn't do that it thinks I did the Captcha wrong when I didn't.
Definitely seems like something is in the middle. Some kind of browser plugin / popup blocker or something. Can you try on another machine or copy paste the link? I'm not doubting you getting the error. I just can't reproduce it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried FireFox, IE, and Edge and then Firefox on a Linux computer. I always get either lost connection or wrong Captcha.

·
496 Posts
I tried FireFox, IE, and Edge and then Firefox on a Linux computer. I always get either lost connection or wrong Captcha.
Silly question. If you get the wrong captcha, and you "refresh" the captcha (not the page), does it work. I had the wrong captcha initially, refreshed it and it worked. I didn't think anything of it at first.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Good luck, hopefully it goes well. I'm a new owner of a 2017 XC90 and have not had a chance to Volvo On Call yet. Waiting for a deal so I can get it as $200 for something I hadn't used yet is a bit steep to make the jump. I had no issues setting up the Volvo ID as I believe I used the app and not sure why you're getting the error.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Good luck, hopefully it goes well. I'm a new owner of a 2017 XC90 and have not had a chance to Volvo On Call yet. Waiting for a deal so I can get it as $200 for something I hadn't used yet is a bit steep to make the jump. I had no issues setting up the Volvo ID as I believe I used the app and not sure why you're getting the error.
The computer never did work, even tried one at another house.
FINALLY the phone app worked this morning, yesterday it would not take the Captcha.
Note to phone users - if you sign up with your phone number as your ID, Volvo adds a country code to it and it isn't totally obvious. If you sign up from 555-555-1212, your ID is +15555551212 if you are in the USA.

·
496 Posts
Next hassle - the PIN they gave me comes up as "does not match VIN" ????
You don't need the pin as the owner / main driver. That's only if you want to share access to someone else who isn't a main driver / owner.

In the PM from 11/18, I noted that you make the ID first then call Customer Care to complete the process. Tell them your VolvoID & your VIN, then the app will automatically see you have a car that needs to complete pairing. LMK if you run into issues.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
At first Volvo could not help, they said the system has been down. They did finally get it going and send me a new PIN. That worked, but the next step fails. The car and the app do not seem to be able to connect to each other.

·
496 Posts
At first Volvo could not help, they said the system has been down. They did finally get it going and send me a new PIN. That worked, but the next step fails. The car and the app do not seem to be able to connect to each other.
This is definitely not the norm. PM me your VolvoID.

When you login to the app, does it ask you to complete a pairing? You should exit (force close) the app and login.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Suggestion: If if you haven't already, consider uninstalling the VOC app, perform a hard re-boot of your phone, re-install the VOC app and give it another whirl. If that does not work, you could uninstall the Volvo ID from your vehicle and then reinstall it (which may require 24-hours or so before reinstalling).

I had an issue with my VOC and XC90 in the past, and it worked for me. YMMV.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The issue was the car itself. After Volvo overcame all their IT malfunctions and got my account going, it turns out the car itself needed a code to be active. I got that and now it works :D
* There is a menu in car settings to enter an On Call activation code. The dealer never mentioned ANY of this, not even that On Call even existed :facepalm:

·
496 Posts
Glad to see it work out.. interesting that on call needed another code to activate in vehicle
You need to sometimes activate the communications module if it's been "sleeping" for too long. Usually this is done with VIDA at the retailer but in this case it wasn't. Thus, the code is method 2 way to activate the module.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oddities - I can start and stop the car. I can lock and unlock it.
It does not report the car temperature and it will not honk the horn or flash the lights.
It also got pissed at me for playing with it and said no more remote starts after 2 unless I started it with the key.

·
496 Posts
Oddities - I can start and stop the car. I can lock and unlock it.
It does not report the car temperature and it will not honk the horn or flash the lights.
It also got pissed at me for playing with it and said no more remote starts after 2 unless I started it with the key.
You have to take it for a drive or two for the rest of the details to show up. Also make sure you turn on the driving journal.

as a FYI, there is no "temperature adjust" the car will heat / cool to the default cabin temp.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It says Remote Start -- degrees F at vehicle, so it seems like it could possibly tell me the temp at the car. Not sure if this means inside of it or outside.

·
Registered
65 Posts
It says Remote Start -- degrees F at vehicle, so it seems like it could possibly tell me the temp at the car. Not sure if this means inside of it or outside.
I believe the temperature at the car is the external temperature.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts