SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
7,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That is, to get any owner information like service information, your car's brochure, or owner's manual, etc. What really gets me is that you have to put your VIN # into your registeration info. When I did this with either of our cars' info, the registeration process was halted and on the screen it said that I had entered incorrect information and I could not look any further into the owners' area. I know I have correct VIN #'s for our cars. Has anyone else seen this? What is this...a way to send you junk mail from Volov??

Here, check this out:
http://www.volvocars.us/tools/OwnersInfo/

· Registered
7,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree George...It's a slap in the face. What are they going to use all of that personal information for...that's what I want to know....besides, I still can't get in and I used the VIN's of both of our cars.

· Registered
7,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Right, but I've put both in and still it comes up with that area pinked out, as if my VIN #'s are wrong...I can't get in. More than the VIN, I'm concerned about getting tons of junk mailings from giving them my address, phone numbers and email address.

· Registered
7,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (gdill2)

Quote, originally posted by gdill2 »
Volvo has chosen to accumulate fresh marketing activity with the apparent intent to sell the data.

Boooooo and a very loud HISSSSSSSSS

· Registered
7,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It won't accept either of our car's vin's....'98 and an '04. I used to be able to look at different owner's manuals on-line....Now I'm not able to at all.

· Registered
7,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ford....Volvord....

I hate it. Should have copied all of the owners' manuals when I had a chance.

George, didn't you complain? Heard back from them about this?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.