SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I liked my S70 yesterday. Went out bowling and drinking with some friends, and we all loaded in the Volvo.

There was plenty of legroom for the women in the back, and they enjoyed the rear heated seats immensely as it's gotten pretty chilly out recently.

The auto-climate worked flawlessly, with the A/C defogging the windows as it should. My back was sore and the toasty front heated seat felt awesome.

The Nivomats worked awesome keeping the rear of the car level, even being 220,000 miles old....somehow. I love not having to think about my headlights pointing into the sky anymore when I drive with 2 or 3 rear passengers. Like Apple says, "It just works."

We took some backroads and the jewel headlamps illuminated the road better than the factory headlights could ever wish for. Plus, the highbeams are flat out awesome now.

No warning lights, no check engine light, nothing was wrong with the car. Everyone was completely comfortable and driving it was a pleasure. I guess working to perfect it for over a year straight has finally paid off! Mine's at 153,000mi now. Something about having a lot of features (these cars are really loaded with them) and having them all work just makes me feel good. Even the changer on my SC-901 worked, along with the power antenna.

Anyone else have a completely good day with their Volvo?? It's taken a long time for me to be able to say this.:)

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, and when we left the bowling alley I found that someone spit all over the hood, roof, and trunk of the S70. Can't say I'm too mad, because karma is probably going to strike back any day now.

·
Administrator
55,940 Posts
That's great to hear! It is a nice feeling driving for a few months without any repair or mod bills.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
That's great to hear! It is a nice feeling driving for a few months without any repair or mod bills.
Kinda feels weird to be honest :p I'm used to parking the S70 in my garage while the Toyota stays outside, just because there's always something that needs fixing.

Don't jinx it!
It struggled to turn over this morning, battery time! :)

·
Registered
605 Posts
Stripped a bolt on the bottom of my intake manifold of my T5-R, sitting till i can figure out how to free the manifold.
Really? Real easy. You don't need to remove the lower bolts completely

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Somehow I think he thought this was the "What did you do to your car today?" thread :p Ironic that this is one of the few threads actually praising these vehicles on here!

·
Registered
216 Posts
well the turbo coolant hose is still leaking after the engine transplant, but....

There are no CEL's. My suspension is mostly new. I still have the summer tires on. And I LOVE the new powerplant. She's so much easier around town- peppy off the line, powerful higher up for the highway merge and high speed cruising. I'm so happy she's back together and it's all working.

It's a lot like the Millennium Falcon. It's no X-Wing of course, but it carries a lot of stuff and, when asked, can handle pretty well. Plus, she'll do the Kesel Run in 12 parsecs :cool:

·
Registered
476 Posts
Don't jinx it!
He won't. He jinxed me! See the thread I'm about to start, Today was a bad day.

First of all, I read this Saturday night but it was bedtime so I didn't post. And no, this should not be a what did you do to your car today thread. I just wanted to say I work on computers and reading forums is the same as working on computers, you only hear about the garbage. It is really rare for someone to say, hey, my computer worked great today, thanks a lot. No, I almost never get that. So I was actually pleased to read this first post. I have been fortunate that my ride has been overall, very trouble-free.

Until a single day 490 mile road trip. But that story goes in a new thread, "Today was a bad day."

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.