SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Yay! I need new shocks and struts

3K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  Noreaster 
#1 ·
I dropped my car off for an oil change at the local Volvo dealer. They were running a special, so it wound up being like $10 more than doing it myself :D

But then they called to inform me that my rear shocks are leaking and that the front struts are pretty nasty looking (I say a little rusty, they say rotted) and my strut mounts are cracked. :(

The service advisor said it'd be a great time to install lowering springs though! :p

Just venting. Now it's time to decide if I really feel like tackling this one myself. My 780's rear shocks were a bag of dicks to work with, I can't imagine the R is going to be easier....

#4 ·
Just a tip, don't necessarily go for the cheaper of the 2 options. Make sure to calculate each with shipping. I went for the more expensive ones, paid less after shipping, and got them in under a week. Also, do a search for a rock auto coupon code, they almost always have a 5%. Mine came to $1215 shipped, you should be similar.

#7 ·
#8 ·
Use "Part Number Search". Look for C2501 and C1501.

#11 · (Edited)
+1 to new struts from Rock Auto.

Just ordered C2501/C1501 with a 5% off code (saved $59) last night. Total for me $1167 and some change (shipped to CA). Got an email this morning that they're ready to ship.

Definitely double check prices and shipping. Used to be that the UK ones were cheaper but for me the US ones were. They're not as cheap as they used to be, I think they caught on that the old price was a steal!

#12 ·
Also, wasn't there some discussion that the C1502 or C1503 was for the V70 and that the C1501 was for the S60? Basically there are 3 part numbers, C1501, C1502, and C1503 and all seem to be highly (if not exactly) similar. There was some discussion that the different part numbers were for different cars. I just put in the C1501's in my S60. About $500 shipped from RA, then $400 or so installed with an alignment and sway bar bushings replaced. The original quote was for $1700+ with Volvo parts.

#13 · (Edited)
NO, S60R / V70R use the same struts. VIDA lists the same part numbers for both models (30683703 for front and 31212036 for rear). I think there is a difference in rear springs, but not struts.
This is what I came up with after my research:
S60R and V70R - C2501 & C1501
S60 2.5T AWD - C2502 & C1503
S60 2.5T - C2502 & C1502

And just for sh*ts and giggles, IDP and ViVA lists the same part numbers for both S60R and V70R.

#15 ·
I just received a 2501 from RO and the box said 2501 rear. Am I just totally confused or is the 25 for the rear and the 15 for the front...? I thought the 25 was front?

#19 ·
I dropped my car off for an oil change at the local Volvo dealer. They were running a special, so it wound up being like $10 more than doing it myself :D

But then they called to inform me that my rear shocks are leaking and that the front struts are pretty nasty looking (I say a little rusty, they say rotted) and my strut mounts are cracked. :(

The service advisor said it'd be a great time to install lowering springs though! :p

Just venting. Now it's time to decide if I really feel like tackling this one myself. My 780's rear shocks were a bag of dicks to work with, I can't imagine the R is going to be easier....
Dana, I'll help you do the struts if you help me install a FMIC:p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.