SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I did search, however I was not able to come up with anything. :mad:

I recently purchased the car and the last owner just has the K&N cone filter sitting on the bottom half of the box. I am very surprised at how hot these engines run and I thought I would tweak some things. I am not sure if this has been done before so if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be appreciated.

I have seen the modified diameter heater hose intake mod routed from below (fog light inlet) the radiator and well as from the stock position above the radiator. I was wondering if anyone has used PVC "Y" elbow and routed air from both top AND bottom positions onto the cone surrounded by the heat shield.

I have read extensively about the stock airbox design and how it was most likely designed fantastic. I am also aware that I may gain nothing as far as MAD HORZEPOWERZ ;), but I do like tinkering and enjoy doing something I can point to and say: "hey, I built that".

Any suggestions would be helpful.

:beer: Cheers :beer:

·
Registered
7,614 Posts
The R kelly intake for the P2 R cars is like that. It adds a duct from the fog light to the airbox. Go for it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts