SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I guess it is never too late to start a progression thread.... So here is my 2005 Volvo S40 T5 AWD

I am still in the beginning phase!

So far (6/19/13) the only mods I have done have been cosmetic mods:

Plasti-Dipped Modded Grille (PICTURE SOON)

Blacked out and spaced VOLVO emblems

LED License Plate Lights

LED Reverse Lights (PICTURE DOES NO JUSTICE, WILL TRY TO GET ANOTHER ONE)

Stealth Rear Turn Bulbs

LED City Lights

Every Mod, little or big will be posted on this thread!(With Pictures of course) :thumbup:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This guy will be installed soon:

Magnaflow Cutout + Washer Mod (Same setup as MyNameIdeasWereTaken's)

·
Super Moderator
15,117 Posts
Looking good Kyle!

Maybe it's just the angle of the shot, but in your spaced out VOLVO letters, are the first "VO" closer together than the second "VO"?

How would you rate the illumination of the LED reverse lights over the factory reverse lights? I've been really thinking about upgrading those, but I have been a little hesitant since I've read a few reviews about people saying they don't illuminate as well.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Looks great! Does that cutout increase HP or is it purely for sound?
Loud sound no HP gain. Same with those cone filter kits arguably.
Turbospool up time decreased, but there are much better power adding mods that do the same better.

Downpipe and Catback mods for example, with an ECU tune, but those are expensive.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking good Kyle!

Maybe it's just the angle of the shot, but in your spaced out VOLVO letters, are the first "VO" closer together than the second "VO"?

How would you rate the illumination of the LED reverse lights over the factory reverse lights? I've been really thinking about upgrading those, but I have been a little hesitant since I've read a few reviews about people saying they don't illuminate as well.
No, you are correct, the spacing between the letters are not spot on. Thats what happens when you dont use a straight edge or take your time :D I was planning on adjusting them, but my girlfriend yelled at me and told me she likes the bigger VOLVO letters on the newer cars and offered to buy me the letters as a gift haha (awesome girlfriend!)

As far as the LED reverse bulbs, I like the look of them, and at night they light everything up. Almost too bright for my liking, maybe I will find a way to adjust that. Overall I give them a 8/10 only because they are almost too bright.

Daytime shots:

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I've been searching for those LED bulb numbers forever! Thank you! Nice car btw! Jelly of the T5 and AWD but who isn't right? :p
Any plans for the wheels yet?
And how does the mag aglow sound? Got a vid? :)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've been searching for those LED bulb numbers forever! Thank you! Nice car btw! Jelly of the T5 and AWD but who isn't right? :p
Any plans for the wheels yet?
And how does the mag aglow sound? Got a vid? :)
As far as wheels go, I would like to find a set of Midir wheels...(will be hard to find but I will keep an eye open)

Unfortunately, I have not installed the Magnaflow Cutout...I was planning on doing that mod, then other ideas popped up. Also since it will be winter soon, I do not want random exhaust smoke coming from under the middle of my car plus fumes and whatnot.
So overall I am deciding not to do it, and will be selling it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts