SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
141 - 160 of 325 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
I got the tint at a local tint shop. It was the lightest shade they had. Initially I thought it was too dark but now I dig it.
To tint the light, we first started with the lights on the car and then took them out to wrap the tint around the edges. Blowdryer helped a lot
I have a extra set of tail lamps ill try this out on. Just need to go to a shop and pick up some tint :)

·
6,444 Posts
I have a extra set of tail lamps ill try this out on. Just need to go to a shop and pick up some tint :)
It's better to have a friend helping you out, coz you'll need two hands to stretch the ting/iron out the bubbles and someone else should be blowdrying the areas to fit over the curves.

Let me know how it goes man

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 · (Edited)
Took the R to the track yesterday. Only got 1 crappy run in. Honda's sprayed oil on to the track and was waiting a while for them to clean it up.

14.2 @ 100mph - There will be more to come soon :) Video below

Full interior too lol

Meanwhile, shortened position sensor rods completed ;)

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #150 · (Edited)
Well if you guys don't already know, I was going with a new set of wheels. I was going with the STR 601's (BBS LM Reps) 18x8.5 et30 in the front and 18x9.5 et35 in the rear.
They were re-drilled from 5x112 to 5x108. I had caliper clearance issues in the front and rear. I would have to run a 25mm spacer all the way for the wheels to fit.

I ordered a 25mm spacer for my current wheels in the rear since I got the fenders rolled and I have more room. That's going to leave me at a et20 in the rear with my axis wheels.
For the front, I am just going to take the 15mm spacer which is on the rear at the moment and move it to the front. Bringing me to a et30 in the front.
Since I'm heading down to H2o international at the end of this month, I don't have time to order new wheels. So I'm just going to bring out my current setup a bit.

If anyone was wondering, by rolling my fenders I got about 12mm more room in the rear and 8mm more in the front.

Picture of what the wheels look like and would've looked like lol.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
my guess is black enkeis....causes thats the exact setup as they were shipped to me...
A lot of wheels come like that. My F14's did and my Enkeis.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
E town sux! Never go there, go to Island Dragway. The place isnt as "nice" as e town but you get to run all night and its a much nicer crowd to be around. I've done 10 runs on the bike in one night.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #155 ·
E town sux! Never go there, go to Island Dragway. The place isnt as "nice" as e town but you get to run all night and its a much nicer crowd to be around. I've done 10 runs on the bike in one night.
Yes I agree. I haven't been to Island Dragway yet. Everyone says the same thing about it. "Not as nice, but you get more runs in."
I'm going to be heading up there in a few weeks with a few people. If you or anyone on here are down to go just let me know.

·
Registered
4,790 Posts
Yes I agree. I haven't been to Island Dragway yet. Everyone says the same thing about it. "Not as nice, but you get more runs in."
I'm going to be heading up there in a few weeks with a few people. If you or anyone on here are down to go just let me know.
Let me know when you go, I may join.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #158 ·
Got around to throwing on the slotted/dimpled rotors yesterday. Got them from Adams Rotors. Very good quality. Took about 3 1/2 weeks to get them. Kept the stock pads. No noise. Very happy with how they came out. Will post up better pictures soon.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
depends on the day but i'd like to join! gonna run the bike obviously

141 - 160 of 325 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.