SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
201 - 220 of 325 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #201 ·
what color are you painting the wheels? Car looks good
Thanks, going to get the faces painted in gun metal.

ummmmmmmmmm.........
et30mm in the front is like this for me.....which i have no idea how youd fit anoher 10mm of offset....
I believe Chase was running a et25 in the front without having the fenders rolled no problem. If ET20 it too much then I can always do ET25.

how about 265 30 in the rear? your rears will be a bit bigger than the fronts if you go with 245/35 and 255/35
I'm still undecided on a 265 in the rear. Although that was my plan from the beginning. I would want a little more meat on the sidewalls then a 30 though.
Going to be sticking with a 35. Any recommendations on tires?

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts

I believe Chase was running a et25 in the front without having the fenders rolled no problem. If ET20 it too much then I can always do ET25.

I'm still undecided on a 265 in the rear. Although that was my plan from the beginning. I would want a little more meat on the sidewalls then a 30 though.
He is et28 sir :)

·
6,444 Posts

30 on a 265 (79.5)
35 on a 245 (85.75)
35 on a 255 (89.25)

not sure about the tires. I rock conti extremecontact DWS ... but they're not exactly performance oriented

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #204 ·
He is et28 sir :)
Not on the current wheels. On his old STRs

30 on a 265 (79.5)
35 on a 245 (85.75)
35 on a 255 (89.25)

not sure about the tires. I rock conti extremecontact DWS ... but they're not exactly performance oriented
Ah, I see what you are saying now. I was playing around sizes on tire rack and a 265/30/19 for the rear would be most suitable, like you said. I want it as level as possible.

·
Registered
938 Posts
ummmmmmmmmm.........
et30mm in the front is like this for me.....which i have no idea how youd fit anoher 10mm of offset....

I was at et25 with this exact setup with zero issues.

Looking forward to seeing it finished up.

·
Registered
938 Posts

The fenders were rolled when I was running that setup as well.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #209 ·
Final Test Fit w/ Tires

Finally got the wheels back from my powder coater. While the wheels were down there I decided to have them mounted & road force balanced.
He did a awesome job. The color really pops when the sun hits it.

I test fitted them today with the tires on. I'm pretty happy with the results. I'm going to run a 10mm spacer upfront instead of the 15mm I have on there now.
The rears I'm going to run the 25mm spacer, et15 total. Gives the car a more aggressive stance.

Some pictures:

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #212 ·
Looking nice Brandon. ..
Be careful for those potholes!!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Thank you sir. With having on side on the car, I was tempted to just throw on the other side as well and call it a day.
But I held myself back and decided to just wait it out a few more weeks. Hopefully the roads will be in better condition.

wondering why your 15mm offset and my 15 mm offset is different...your tires are wider LOL. looks awesome bro
Thanks man. Yeah, it's the width of the tire. As I was gently lowering the rear I was surprised not to have any rubbing issues.
Only thing that comes close is that bumper bracket that we were talking about the other day. How wide are your wheels?

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #215 ·
Summer Fitment!

Got a chance to give some love to the R this past weekend. Went ahead and threw on the wheels as well as the carbon fiber lip, followed by a nice overdue wash.
Took a few quick iphone shots for you guys. I will be setting something up soon for some professional photos. Here's some eye candy...

·
Registered
998 Posts
looks great

·
Registered
104 Posts
Got a chance to give some love to the R this past weekend. Went ahead and threw on the wheels as well as the carbon fiber lip, followed by a nice overdue wash.
Took a few quick iphone shots for you guys. I will be setting something up soon for some professional photos. Here's some eye candy...

Nice!!...I like the body kit. What kind of body kit is it?

Sent from my HUAWEI H881C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
861 Posts
Wow bro looks amazing!

I've been thinking of shaving the front bumper of the wipers... can you post more pics of the front?
I kinda like the look with the wipers.. but it looks cleaner with nothing.. more unique (no pun intended lol)

201 - 220 of 325 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.