SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
181 - 200 of 325 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #181 ·
Got the R back Wednesday night. Got some teaser pics. Still need to add the rear valance and waiting on the VST CF lip from Eurosport Tuning.

Some pictures from H2Oi in Ocean City back in September:

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Nice to hear! Awaiting more pictures!

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #186 ·
2014 Update

Haven't updated this thread in a few months. Figured I post up what I have going on and some future plans.

About two months ago, I installed Elevate side skirts and OEM rear valence. While the R was in the body shop, I had them fix the PCC trunk. (No more waves)

Then about two weeks later I purchased a rear diffuser. I had the diffuser painted black.

Installed the rear diffuser using 4 plastic Volvo rivets. Gives the rear end a nice aggressive look, especially with the PCC trunk.

Now that I had everything taken care of, the only piece that was missing was the Carbon Fiber VST Lip from Eurosport tuning.

Waited quite a while for the lip. Then one day I got home and the huge box was there.

I will be installing the lip on the R in the spring time once the winter weather has ended.

Picked up a new set of BBS reps off another member on Swedespeed. This setup is a staggered setup. I will be changing the color of these wheels.

Front: 19x8.5 ET35
Rear: 19x9.5 ET40

Still deciding which way I want to go with the the rubbers.

Upcoming mods:
-Water Methanol Injection
-Viva Hybrid
-Retune

Looking forward to the 2014 show season. Hopefully everything goes according to plan. :beer:

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Looking very sharp man, awaiting more pictures!!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Haven't updated this thread in a few months. Figured I post up what I have going on and some future plans.

About two months ago, I installed Elevate side skirts and OEM rear valence. While the R was in the body shop, I had them fix the PCC trunk. (No more waves)

Then about two weeks later I purchased a rear diffuser. I had the diffuser painted black.

Installed the rear diffuser using 4 plastic Volvo rivets. Gives the rear end a nice aggressive look, especially with the PCC trunk.

Now that I had everything taken care of, the only piece that was missing was the Carbon Fiber VST Lip from Eurosport tuning.

Waited quite a while for the lip. Then one day I got home and the huge box was there.

I will be installing the lip on the R in the spring time once the winter weather has ended.

Picked up a new set of BBS reps off another member on Swedespeed. This setup is a staggered setup. I will be changing the color of these wheels.

Front: 19x8.5 ET35
Rear: 19x9.5 ET40

Still deciding which way I want to go with the the rubbers.

Upcoming mods:
-Water Methanol Injection
-Viva Hybrid
-Retune

Looking forward to the 2014 show season. Hopefully everything goes according to plan. :beer:
Hmm those would look really good on my car in that goldish color ;). Forget though didn't they need spacers to clear the R brakes?

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #191 ·
Thanks guys!

Hmm those would look really good on my car in that goldish color ;). Forget though didn't they need spacers to clear the R brakes?
Yes, they do need spacers. Chase ran 19x8.5 et35 10mm spacer up front and 15mm in the rear without issue.

I'm going to see how they fit with 15mm spacer up front and 25mm in the rear :)

Shall be interesting.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #193 ·

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #195 ·
Test Fit

Got a chance yesterday to test fit the new wheels.

Front- 19x8.5 ET35
Rear- 19x9.5 ET40

Currently I have 15mm spacers in the front & a 25mm spacer in the rear. I'm going to keep the front spacer on there.
But in the rear I'm going to bring it down to a 10mm or a 15mm. I'll make the final adjustments when I get the rubbers.

Now off to paint they go.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #197 · (Edited)
Damn Brandon that's a lot of poke....
Will you pull the fenders perhaps?
I didn't lower the car all the way to compress the suspension fully. So there's room for the wheels to tuck into the fenders.
The fronts should be good with a 15mm spacer bringing it to ET20. In the rear I just test fitted the wheel onto my 25mm spacer, that's why the rears look insane lol.
I have about 15mm to play with in the rear. I plan on down sizing the 25mm to either a 15mm or 10mm in the rear. But I'm going to wait until the tires are mounted for final adjustments.

I'm going to be running a 245/35/19 in the front & 255/35/19 in the rear.

I shouldn't have to pull fenders since I have them rolled. Looking forward to the outcome on this setup.

·
Registered
998 Posts
what color are you painting the wheels? Car looks good

·
6,444 Posts
I didn't lower the car all the way to compress the suspension fully. So there's room for the wheels to tuck into the fenders.
The fronts should be good with a 15mm spacer bringing it to ET20. In the rear I just test fitted the wheel onto my 25mm spacer, that's why the rears look insane lol.
I have about 15mm to play with in the rear. I plan on down sizing the 25mm to either a 15mm or 10mm in the rear. But I'm going to wait until the tires are mounted for final adjustments.

I'm going to be running a 245/35/19 in the front & 255/35/19 in the rear.

I shouldn't have to pull fenders since I have them rolled. Looking forward to the outcome on this setup.
how about 265 30 in the rear? your rears will be a bit bigger than the fronts if you go with 245/35 and 255/35

181 - 200 of 325 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.