SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sven is currently at the stealership, having some electrical issues resulting in a battery drain chased down.

I think it may be related to the LED tail lights (you can read my post here, https://forums.swedespeed.com/showt...-Tail-lights&p=7336771&viewfull=1#post7336771).

The dealer is trying to sell me on a $200 software update because they "often see" the XM antennas drain batteries. Is this legit? I haven't come across this pattern here but am looking towards the XC90 czars for some guidance.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: they pulled the fuse for the infotainment and the draw on the battery dropped from .34 to .17 below the quoted threshold of .2.

Making sense?

I'd love to just ditch the XM antenna...never have used it. But they said it would be more labor to disconnect it than it would be to do the update.

I'm probably a sucker, but I told them to do the update.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
No way. Just cut the antenna wire or disconnect the molex. Or unplug the XM receiver.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I had mine done with the software. It solved the battery drain. It cost me around $130 but that was a couple of years ago. Not surprisingly, the dealership didn't suggest any other options.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts