SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else converted to HID's and tried the fix that XenonValot.com offers and had no luck? I followed their instructions step by step and it still shows the bulb failure message. I sent them an email asking them for some advice. It wouldn't be such a big deal if the message didn't PHYSICALLY affet the HID's. The other night i went to turn on my HID's( my DRL's are turned off) and only one bulb came on. I turned off my lights and turned them back on again. Only one bulb came on but then about two seconds later, the other bulb finally decided to come on. I think that the difference in current is actually delaying the CEM from turning on the headlights or not sending current to the bulbs at the same time. Anybody else experience this or have any suggestions? By the way I am using a XenonDepot.com kit.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
you will need a tyco relay and few other parts for avoid that message.

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
Re: XenonValot fix not working (T5Killa)

If you keep it up, you will fry something somewhere in your harness. The stock halogen is not enough to handle the load of the ballasts. You need a relay and an upgraded wiring harness.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Re: XenonValot fix not working (mike_c70)

it depends of the quality, for example we equipped new S40 at the dealers with our kits, our ballast use 35W and 60W for start so there is no problem at all for the stock harness most of the kit out there use more W and yes it burns the harness and also can damage the ECU cause lights and ecu use the same ground harness in the car.<p>So is important to know that, the relay will avoid the computer to identify the lose of wattage. 35W vs 55W(normal halogen bulbs)

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: XenonValot fix not working (mike_c70)

I have the XenonDepot kit and it has the upgraded wiring harness and fused relay and yes I thought that the relay would skip past the ECU to avoid the error message too but for whatever reason it is still showing up. My point is is that the message still hasn't gone away and i have gone through three resistors already. I dont mean that the resistors are fried or melted or anything, I just mean that i have drilled the proper hole in three different resistors and none of them got rid of the message. I think that xenons are a software issue. Does anyone have any thoughts?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts