SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hows it going guys!?

I recently replaced my bulbs since the last owner replaced one with an osram xenarc and the other left is philips. So I installed a pair of morimoto xb35's. Now I have this alignment problem.

This is on low beam. I tried raising the manual knob. No result. I tried the old bulbs and its the same thing. I cant seem to get the left and right to align properly.
Anyone encounter this?

Thank you!

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Which Xenons? 2007 ABL, reflector type made of glass 01-04, or reflector type made of plastic 05-07?

You can recalibrate the headlights but you need VIDA. Make sure to adjust them before hand.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes sorry. 2004 reflector type. The right side is not as uniform as the left. Its got a different hot spot. I have vida and tried that route already.

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Could be a defective bulb... If they're both new & the same color they should both be the same color. Try readjusting the headlights.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I tried. Huge hot spot on right side.

25 feet right side only

25 feet left side only

25 feet both on

25 feet up close

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
I'm guessing you're using a drop-in kit? The reflectors are geometrically designed for halogen bulbs; HID bulbs have different dimensions and will not reflect properly.

If you want HIDs, try H7RC. They're shorter and have built in glare shields. I noticed your beam pattern has a lot of glaring light above whats supposed to be the cut off.

Here's the beam pattern on my 2004 with halogen bulbs:
Says he has 04 reflector HIDs in his post...

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
So Volvo offered factory HIDs with reflector housings? Sorry, I don't know all the headlight options on P2s. I assumed factory HIDs were only on the R models
Yep. Was an option on all of the cars. The R headlamp is identical to every 01-04 HID it's just painted silver. 05 they updated the headlight lenses to plastic (except the R) but still used reflectors and 07 got bending xenon as an option (except the R) over halogen or reflector HIDs.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I tried playing with the bulb metal housing but no difference was made

I have tried and tried but cannot change the beam pattern.
This is why I would like to see others.
Maybe start a new thread just for that?

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
I'd look on the R forum... Everyone there has Xenon... It's pretty rare in non-R P2 Volvos.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts