SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Mexico and Xenon lights are not an option and wanted to know if they where availible anywhere else in the world?<BR>Are there any kits out there?<P>Thanks

·
Registered
128 Posts
Check out this site and let us know what you find.<BR> <A HREF="http://www.xenonshop.com" TARGET=_blank>http://www.xenonshop.com</A> <BR>

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
The shop above offers kits where you use the stock housings. I have no experience with their kits.<P>Volvo just started offering HIDs in the S40 on European models. I don't think they've branched it out yet though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the link but like George said the kit uses the stock housing that was not designed for xenon ans what I'm looking for is a kit with a housing designed for Xenon.<P>Here in MExico the S40 T4 comes with Xenon Standard as well as the S80 but for some reason the S60 which with the 2.4T engine cost 42500 dlls here dosen't even offer the option of Xenon.<P>Thanks

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
The S80 comes standard with Xenon as well? Are you positive about that? This is the first time that I have heard that before.<P>-Drew

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will confirm on the S80 as the sales rep, wasn't sure when I asked again. I will post as soon as I get a confirmation.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Xenon shop mentions 40's, 70's, and 80's<BR>but no mention of 60's. I don't think the S80<BR>comes standard with Xenons either---but<BR>since they are apparently available then<BR>can we expect to see them available for<BR>the 60 in the near future (even if after market)? Might there be some wiring and/or<BR>computer issues that need to be addressed?<BR>

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
The speculation seems to be that Volvo is going to offer Xenon headlights on all of it's 2002 cars as an option. I hope that this comes true!<P>-Drew

1 - 8 of 8 Posts