SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have pics for replacing a xenon bulb? I have one light that goes off and I get the low beam failure message after a few minutes. Turning the light swith on and off it causes it to go back on for a few minutes. I want to order a replacement bulb but not sure what to do after removing the black bulb cover under the hood. I am only familiar with replacing halogens. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Anyone have pics for replacing a xenon bulb? I have one light that goes off and I get the low beam failure message after a few minutes. Turning the light swith on and off it causes it to go back on for a few minutes. I want to order a replacement bulb but not sure what to do after removing the black bulb cover under the hood. I am only familiar with replacing halogens. Thanks in advance.
its very simple, once you get the black cover off you'll have to untwist the bulb housing and the bulb comes out untwist from that and its just a switch to the new bulb.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
^ this is where I put in 6000k D2R and the light output was difference from night and day over stock.

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
I just bought 5000K, the shipping was the same cost of the bulbs......hope they last LOL.
I replaced mine 12/13/2010 and they're still running, every day(My DRLs don't run for some reason, so the headlights run when I drive)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts