SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone.

Im new here at swedespeed, but im following the site for like a year now. 1 year ago i bought my first car. A 2009 V50 with a 1.6 liter 4 cyllinder diesel. No t5 or D5 :(
Some pics:

What i already did with the car is lowered it immediatly because it was driving like a boat. Huge improvement, when im driving in the remote roads and my brother is behind me with his 520d E60 he cant keep up, it really sticks to the road. It has the lowered sportchassis and the springs were done not by myself.
Also installed 17" Spartacus rims with Semperit Sportsline tires. Are going to be replaced with 18" Midir rims or 18" Heico rims (don't know what rims, any suggetsions??)
The grill i wrapped with carbon fibre wrapping tape to give it a more sporty look, no more chrome.

With the interior I wrapped the Centerconsole which was brushed metal with carbon fibre wrapping tape. Also the panel where the handbrake and sigaretlighter is etc. (Photo's in second post.)

I know i already did not much to the car yet but I will be working on the car from time to time.
Greetings from Belgium

·
Super Moderator
15,188 Posts
Very good vinyl work, it can be tricky to use! Also very nice looking V50 :thumbup:

I'm almost 100% certain that I have seen this picture before. Are you a member on another forum? Or maybe it was that owner of the S60 who posted this. All I remember was that we were talking about how many Volvos there were in that parking deck! Heck... it could have even been on C30World and we were talking about that C30 in the back....

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Very good vinyl work, it can be tricky to use! Also very nice looking V50 :thumbup:

I'm almost 100% certain that I have seen this picture before. Are you a member on another forum? Or maybe it was that owner of the S60 who posted this. All I remember was that we were talking about how many Volvos there were in that parking deck! Heck... it could have even been on C30World and we were talking about that C30 in the back....
The only places ive talked about this pic is on autoforum.be and volvoforum.nl. Both dutch forums. Unless your dutch ;) or my pic is going viral :D i have the original on my phone so i can show you the original one if you want it :)

I didn't met the driver of the S60 R-design (1.6D Driv-E).
Another pic of the S60.

The carbon fibre vinyl was a real pain in the ass. Because we couldn't get the center console out of the car (with manual transmission). The screw was impossible to unscrew. So we had to lay down the vinyl when it was in the car itself. The 4 knobs with audio and AC gave a problem.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's a cool shot, but that S60 is a bit too close to your car for my liking. Can you say door ding? :p
Now you start about that i can see what you mean :eek: Thanks for the heads-up :D last time i checked there was no scratch or something on my door. The S60 owner would have been very carefull because it was a brand new car (i know because of the license plate). Another thing was that the driver forgot to take out his extern GPS system, it was still in the mount at the drivers side door (you can see it in the picture).

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
The S60 owner would have been very carefull because it was a brand new car
Ha! I've seen plenty of people with "new" cars who don't give a damn and whack their doors into other people's cars...hopefully the owner is more of an enthusiast than rich fool who is careless with his money and car!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ha! I've seen plenty of people with "new" cars who don't give a damn and whack their doors into other people's cars...hopefully the owner is more of an enthusiast than rich fool who is careless with his money and car!
Ive also seen that :( and here is the result:

Does someone know how to fix this? Its just above the grill so its pretty visible. I was really mad when i saw this. Someon just smacked his trunk on my hood :(

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
What? How does someone's trunk hit your hood? That is painful to see, I feel for you!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I dont know how someone did that, but ive parked it at the morning at the same garage as the pic with all the volvos. I am 100% sure that there wasnt any damage at the front. And when i came back there was this scratch. I think someone opened his trunk and scratched it the first time and when he closed it, he smacked down the trunk with the result that there is a gap visible.

My volvo need to have a service soon so ill ask if they will touch up the scratch :s i will probably be very pricy and it will leave a mark.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Only repair would be either a new front mask (costs around €700) or get it resprayed.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Before trying any of the expensive options you should try it yourself (perhaps with help from a friend). Buy wetsanding block (carclean.nl) and a paintstick. Use some Spray and Wipe to wetsand the area smoothly, then use a degreaser to degrease the area. After which you can apply the paint (preferably with a toothpick, it doesn't go well with the stick itself). Let it dry and then as the manual says polish it. It won't be perfect, but it'll be hell of a lot better than it's current state.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the info :) ill try that maybe. Next week the car is going to a local detailer to get clayed etc. He's going to inspect the scratch and give me a price if he can fix it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Im looking for new rims. Who can give me some advice? Im already thinking on Midir rims (the black ones) or Heico rims (any of them)
Tell me your suggestions :)

·
Super Moderator
15,188 Posts
Midirs are a rareish treat on SwedeSpeed and often quite pricey. Keep an eye on C30World, many C30s come stock with Midirs, so they get swapped out for nicer wheels quite often over there. That's where I found mine :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts