SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have it on very good authority that there will be a high performance XC90 variant at the Geneva Auto Show. It has NOT been approved for production, but it appears as if Volvo is playing with the possibilities for the new SUV.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
39,263 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by [email protected]:<BR><B>Hey guys, I have it on very good authority that there will be a high performance XC90 variant at the Geneva Auto Show. It has NOT been approved for production, but it appears as if Volvo is playing with the possibilities for the new SUV.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>It only seems natural that they would.<P>Yannis<BR><P>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,097 Posts
During the Brussels auto show I had the oportunity to take a look at the XC90 at the Volvo HQ.<BR>We were driven from the show floor to the HQ.<BR>After a few video introductions we could see the car for real.<BR>It was a T6 version, silver color.<BR>The Volvo guy mentioned that it was a preproduction model and that this model went to Geneva.<BR>There were some problems with the front seat rails and the rear of these rails were not fixed so the seats were a little loose.<BR>All in all a very nice car.<BR>Although plenty of room I was under the impression that the seats were not as wide as the ones used in the V70 and S60.<BR>The dash was very nice in real, better as seen on photo's.<BR>There was a CD/Minidisk player with controls at the rear seats.<BR>The back seats are only for children or people with a maximum height of 1.60 mtr.<BR>There is no HPV version of the XC90.<BR>Only a T6, 2,5T and a D5.<BR>All cars will be limited to 210 km/h but I heard that this is not the case if the car is ordered with 18" wheels from factory but this is just a rumor.<BR>It's a big car, larger than the X5 beamer. <P><p>[This message has been edited by Johann (edited 02-19-2002).]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,706 Posts
Just curious, have the 18-inch wheels been shown yet in any of the pictures? I am assuming that these below are the 18-inchers right?<P> <IMG SRC="http://www.swedespeed.com/resources/gallery/cars/02_xc90/large/08.jpg"> <P>-Drew<BR><p>[This message has been edited by InDy (edited 02-19-2002).]
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
39,263 Posts
Drew,<P>according to my literature, yes, they are!<P><P>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
hi there,,,<BR>I am new ... and I have a simple question: How much does the xc90 take to reach 60 mph?<BR>and thanks alot.....
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
39,263 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mmm333:<BR><B>hi there,,,<BR>I am new ... and I have a simple question: How much does the xc90 take to reach 60 mph?<BR>and thanks alot.....</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>No one knows for sure, yet. Why don't you hop on an S80 T6, flog it and I am sure you will get a pretty close feel as to how fast the XC90 will go... <IMG SRC="http://www.swedespeed.com/ubb/biggrin.gif"><P>Yannis<P>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Hi,<BR>thanks for replaying, and here are some preformance for the s80,<BR>Engine: 2.8-liter L6T <BR>Horsepower: 268 @ 5400 <BR>Torque: 280 @ 2100 <BR>Acceleration: 0-60 mph in 7.2 sec.<BR> 1/4-mile in 15.4 sec. <BR>Top Speed: 150 mph <BR>Braking: 60-0 mph in 125 ft. <P>And i thing it is good enough for the 2 weel driving, but the xc90 is 4 weel and maybe it will have less acceleration...<P>mmm.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
39,263 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mmm333:<BR><B>Hi,<BR>thanks for replaying, and here are some preformance for the s80,<BR>Engine: 2.8-liter L6T <BR>Horsepower: 268 @ 5400 <BR>Torque: 280 @ 2100 <BR>Acceleration: 0-60 mph in 7.2 sec.<BR> 1/4-mile in 15.4 sec. <BR>Top Speed: 150 mph <BR>Braking: 60-0 mph in 125 ft. <P>And i thing it is good enough for the 2 weel driving, but the xc90 is 4 weel and maybe it will have less acceleration...<P>mmm.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I was going to dispute your top speed but I see that you are writing from the UAE. US models are, unfortunately, limited by the idiotic governor.<P>Your 0-60 time seems light. I have seen times posted below 7 secs.<P>Yannis<P>
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top