SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before / during / after photos here

I did the fishing line sawing technique to get the old badges off, then peeled at a 45 degree angle to get the remaining glue off in one piece, then cleaned with soap & water, then waxed until I couldn't see the ghost of the VOLVO anymore. Installed part #31213967, and voila.

Registered
Debadge to me is "clean" trunk. Glad you didn't get rid of the XC90 and V8 emblems though, definitely prefer to keep the emblems.

Looks good by the way. I changed my emblem too about two weeks ago and I didn't have trim that close to guide me so I got the first V a fraction of tiny bit of another fraction off. You can't tell unless you stare the V but since I know of it, I do and I can't "unsee" it.

Registered
It's crazy how much better it looks. Will be doing mine as soon as my emblem shows up. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
What a difference. Looks great.

Does anyone know how the chrome trim below is attached? I want to do the larger Volvo letters and add the trim strip too. Mine is an 06.

Registered
you mean you bought the brand new complete emblema? why did not you use the old one and place it as the new?

could you let me know the exact space between letters?

thanks!

Registered
you mean you bought the brand new complete emblema? why did not you use the old one and place it as the new?

could you let me know the exact space between letters?

thanks!
I'm guessing if indeed they are new letters, it's because the old letters are smaller but I may be wrong. The mag on the last pic is bigger so hard to say.

If they are the same size I will certainly re use the same letter for sure.

EDIT: UPON FURTHER REVIEW, THE LETTERS ARE THE SAME. OP will confirm hopefully.

Nice work OP. Something I need that I never I knew I needed and I don't even have an XC 90 yet!

Registered
Looks amazing! I did the same thing, I ordered the badge spaced-out and found the lettering to be the exact same. I just used it as a template to reuse my old badge, the 3M double sided automotive tape is a must to keep things in place and looking good!

Nice upgrade/suggestion @edraven

link to image:

http://imgur.com/gallery/Gmev2Yj

Registered
Does anyone know the measurements of the spacing between the letters?

Registered
Does anyone know the measurements of the spacing between the letters?
Here here.. lemme know the spacing details also pls. Thank you!

Registered
So I went ahead and ordered the new letters (part #31213967) for my XC90. Here are pictures of the finished product and the template next to a tape measure for the spacing between the letters:

https://ams7714.imgur.com/all/

Also, at least on my 2008 XC90, the new letters are the same size as the ones already on the car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts