SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

My daughter and wife settled on a nordic Disney character for our XC..... Somewhat fitting considering I'd like to see summer right about now.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Cool, I like it.

Say, did that front license plate bracket come already attached by your dealer? In TN, we don't have to display front plates, but I'm considering using a "decorative" VT Hokies plate on the front of my XC90. There is a license plate bracket that I received in the cargo area when I took delivery. But, I have no clue how to attach it other than drilling holes. Any ideas??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Cool, I like it.

Say, did that front license plate bracket come already attached by your dealer? In TN, we don't have to display front plates, but I'm considering using a "decorative" VT Hokies plate on the front of my XC90. There is a license plate bracket that I received in the cargo area when I took delivery. But, I have no clue how to attach it other than drilling holes. Any ideas??
I've seen a discussion on SS that talked about a mounting plate that attaches under the car and holds a front license plate. This may be a good option for you....I will see if I can find it, or someone may know what I am referring to...

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
There is a thread started on 12/26/15 called Front-License-Plate that you may want to check out.
(I just Bumped it for you)

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I have a vanity plate - and it has a lightning bolt in the center of it. While it has nothing to do with an electric vehicle I guess it is fitting that it is now on a XC90 T8. (I'm debating whether its a good idea to post a picture of it though ...)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Cool, I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe you have to drill holes for it. The dealer or port did mine since my state requires front plates. I think the Volvo front plate actually looks good if you need to have one. I don't really get the people obsessed with not drilling holes for their front plate. The offset, tow hook mounted plates actually look bad to me. They ruin the symmetry of the car.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I've seen a discussion on SS that talked about a mounting plate that attaches under the car and holds a front license plate. This may be a good option for you....I will see if I can find it, or someone may know what I am referring to...
Thanks - yes, I've read through that other thread you're referencing. But, that mounting plate actually doesn't interest me because I don't like the off-center design. If I decide to attach a front decorative plate, I'll either try a 3M adhesive solution, or just drill holes.

·
Registered
138 Posts
There is a thread started on 12/26/15 called Front-License-Plate that you may want to check out.
(I just Bumped it for you)
Thanks - yes, I've read through that other thread you're referencing. But, that mounting plate actually doesn't interest me because I don't like the off-center design. If I decide to attach a front decorative plate, I'll either try a 3M adhesive solution, or just drill holes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts