SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Too bad there aren't any good T8 0-60 test drives! I'm really surprised...

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Nice! It was not even close (as suspected).

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Wow, not bad.

(although getting a 2.5 ton car up to 100 MPH in about 14 seconds is sort of scary)
Dude don't do this when it is dark...
The engine sound is not harsh at all. It sounds quite easy and as if not pressed hard enough.

For the acceleration, Tesla drivers will not give a dime but it is still a hot sell point for a SUV.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Dude don't do this when it is dark...
The engine sound is not harsh at all. It sounds quite easy and as if not pressed hard enough.

For the acceleration, Tesla drivers will not give a dime but it is still a hot sell point for a SUV.
If your talking about SUV's and acceleration, 0-100 in 14 seconds isn't bad but isn't impressive either. Here are some comparisons, leaving out Tesla and the true performance models as they blow the doors off of everything. Using the V8's as that is what this is supposed to be a replacement for.

BMW X5 xdrive 50i: 12.3
Range Rover Supercharged: 11.1

Wow, not bad.

(although getting a 2.5 ton car up to 100 MPH in about 14 seconds is sort of scary)
In case you are wondering, the Performance SUV's are all sub 10 second to 100, so if you think this is "scary" I would stay far away from those.

·
Registered
478 Posts
In case you are wondering, the Performance SUV's are all sub 10 second to 100, so if you think this is "scary" I would stay far away from those.
FWIW, It's not the speed per se, as much as the weight combined with that speed that scares me.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
FWIW, It's not the speed per se, as much as the weight combined with that speed that scares me.
The weight itself is not really an issue because these vehicles all have giant brakes. The XC90 doesn't weigh all that much more than my V60 P*. It's the weight combined with a high center of gravity that makes things interesting. The one "SUV" that avoids that is the Tesla Model X that has a lower center of gravity than most cars, but otherwise I can understand the concern.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
T8 is not a performance SUV. It is a fast passenger SUV....
Which is why I didn't compare it to one. I specifically said that as well. The BMW X5 Xdrive 50i is not a Performance SUV, The X5M is their Performance SUV. LR doesn't make anything considered a Performance SUV, only fast Luxury SUV's. Performance SUV's get to 100 in less than 10 seconds(Cayenne Turbo, X5M, Model X).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts