SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first noticeable issue was with the braking. It would veer off when applied the brake. I fixed this with some moog control arms and some new ball joints.
After that was all done, now I noticed my car veers to the right during accelerating at any speed. Not too noticeable at slower speeds but very noticeable at high speeds. Also, when I let off the gas I find that my car veers back over to the left. So there is no straight for me. It is not terrible but enough to drive me crazy.
I was thinking it may be the control arms but I just can’t say that would be the issue.
A buddy of my dad’s said that it may be transmission or engine bushing mount going out which I could see but I have searched up and down the Volvo forums trying to find someone else with that being the issue and I can’t.
I am almost thinking it may be the sub-frame bushings now after reading some of IPD website.
Here is the website - http://www.ipdusa.com/techtips/10105/does-your-volvo-drive-like-it-has-a-mind-of-its-own

Has anyone else had this issues and what was the fix?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Subframe bushings were the issue the last time I heard of this. I don't think it was this forum though where I read about it. Try some IPD bushing inserts. For around $40 what can it hurt.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
94 Posts
One other thought that I forgot to mention. I had a similar issue with my 05 XC90. It would dive right when braking. I just replaced the front sway bar end links and the problem stopped.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
The veering problem under acceleration may be associated with the AWD and how it feeds drive down through the wheels. My car does the same thing and my mechanic mentioned that it is something to do with the AWD and that some part starts to wear and creates this problem. Might even be something to do with the Haldex but that is certainly only a guess going on memory of a conversation about 4 years ago. For what its worth though. Probably completely wrong and got nothing to do with it.

Regards Barney

1 - 6 of 6 Posts