1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Please buy poly and forget this bad rubber what Volvo selling to us. I installed Blu Poly on 2.5t and Im very happy.
A little bit more slight vibration inside the car but who care.
This I changed already 2 times no more bad Volvo OEm crap parts they sell
again and again same bad quality made in Spain, Poland and Romania.
And Im direct they are part mafia as they didnt improved nothing last 10 years. Bad rubber recycled too soft for dynamic 2.5t V8 engines.
To not telling you how bad is all engine supports in tractor (read diesel) engines in Europe friends. Disaster as tractor engine vibrate 10 times more than our petrols. :mad::rolleyes::D:D

Now this one is the best way.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Check diameter of V8 hole and just fit in this one. Im sure will stay in. Same hole more or less no problems. :)

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Don't see the photos but V8 mount https://goo.gl/photos/rwRcNuwcHAjYaojx8 is quite different from 5 cylinder mount. If someone is doing just an insert (poly or otherwise) for the V8, I'm not aware.

I run poly inserts for the subframe and the stabilizer bar bushings, rubber for all the rest. I tried the IPD poly upper mount in the 5 cylinder, idle vibration was so bad I had to take it off and that's with all good mounts and pads.

I'm on my 4th upper torque rod in the '05 in 15 years, they do wear out. I'm not in the least "sold" on the idea that OE lasts longest for this part, having used Hutchinson with the same relative longevity.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Yes Poly top mount transfer huge vibration but was only in the beginning when was cold weather Ggleavitt. After I dont feel any more so bad and I left it.
Sometimes in the morning when is cold on low rpm 666 vibration you can feel but I dont drive on 666 but 6666 rpm :)
Yes you can use inserts in any xc90 even V8 as my friend made.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts