SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
This BBK is being installed on my XC90 yesterday :

I chose to go with the "R" rear Brembol 4 pot 330mm and a new 6 Pot Brembo 355mm on the Vulcanis R-Design 19" Wheels.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
note front top bars are also yellow - this one is by coincidence as the bars were yellow awhile back before deciding on yellow calipers since red were out of stock but no regrets on yellow calipers on the XC90s.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Any notice breaking improvement over Volvo OEM breaking parts?? Just wondering!!!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Second day field report - BBK brakes better than the V8 stock uprated original brakes.

Hopefully this thread shares the possibility of a BBK on XC90 for those intending to do so.
Now parking next to a Porsche Cheyene or Cheyene Turbo we can share glances on each other BBK's.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Very nice! Those look great! Can you use the stock caliper mounting points or were brackets required? I've always thought the stock brakes on the XC90 were weak compared to other SUV's I've driven or owned. Do you have SS brake lines?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Brackets required for the front 6 pot, rear not required. SS brake lines are used to eliminate any chance of sponginess.

Very nice! Those look great! Can you use the stock caliper mounting points or were brackets required? I've always thought the stock brakes on the XC90 were weak compared to other SUV's I've driven or owned. Do you have SS brake lines?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Where did you buy them from? And if you don't mind asking what was the price... I am interest in such conversion to my R.

·
Registered
441 Posts
share the wealth!

I also need to upgrade my brakes on the XC90, I believe my rotors need replacing. Where did you get the front caliper bracket? Or did you fabricate it?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My understanding is both Stock R brakes for front and rear is almost plug and play with exception that the rear xc90 dust cover needs to be grinded off and the hub bore needs enlarging from s60s 65.1mm to xc90 67mm.

The front brembo 6 pot can be purchased from ebay, viva etc meant for s60 with s60 brackets and it fits the xc90. my front brembo 6 pot was obtained by a friend when he travelled overseas.

It was done by the workshop so they have the finer details, I supplied the workshop with Viva's 15mm spacers for the xc90 and it cleared the bbk just by a few mm :)

In summary, the s60R brembos meant for the P2 model is quite similar to the XC90 P2.

·
Registered
177 Posts
The front brembo 6 pot can be purchased from ebay, viva etc meant for s60 with s60 brackets and it fits the xc90.

In summary, the s60R brembos meant for the P2 model is quite similar to the XC90 P2.
Where did you buy the brackets? The Brembo GT application catalogue for the S60 only has 332mm rotors with 4 pot calipers and you have the 355mm so where did you get rotors from and for which model?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts