SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today was the day i went to a muffler shop and got the muffler deleted. Super impressed with how good it sounds, some drone under load but nothing insane!

I will make a video and post it asap!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

This was the inspiration!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Wow. That sounds...perfect.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Agreed the best cheap mod for the V8 mine is still whisper quiet on the highway between 70 and up. At 60-65 at 1500rpm you get drone but as long as you are just above 1700 its perfect. Not sure if there is room for resonator to clear that up.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did this again on my 3rd XC... but i went with a resonator this time. I think this is the perfect set up!.

·
Registered
57 Posts
WOW! That sounds REAL good. I keep thinking that if one of the mufflers on mine get a hole in it, I'm just going to cut it out and put a straight pipe in. We'll see. Not sure if a 2.5t will sound that good though.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WOW! That sounds REAL good. I keep thinking that if one of the mufflers on mine get a hole in it, I'm just going to cut it out and put a straight pipe in. We'll see. Not sure if a 2.5t will sound that good though.
There you go my V50 T5 AWD similar to the T5 in the XC90 with rear muffler removed. This is what you can expect.

·
Registered
2008 Volvo XC90 V8 AWD - Climate Pkg, Versatility Pkg, and Convenience Pkg
747 Posts
There you go my V50 T5 AWD similar to the T5 in the XC90 with rear muffler removed. This is what you can expect.
How much did this cost? And did they remove the rearmost muffler (the big box right before the tailpipes) or the resonator (the cylindrical-like body right after the downpipe flange, under the driveshaft)? Looking to do this on my 2008 XC90 V8 AWD. Also, do you think one can do this at home? Is it hard?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts