SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2007 XC90 V8
I had a leaking valve-cover and in turn it killed the alternator. I decided to do everything I could think of all at once so I had a ready to go XC90.
List of what I did.
-Valve cover gaskets
-Alternator. (what a b that was)
-AC compressor
-Condenser
-Pulleys and belt
-Fuel Pressure reg
-PCV
-Brakes
-all fluids even AT
-Well you get the picture.

Now I am done and it feels good BUT! I have this little vacuum hose U that I never found where to put it back.
I sorta remember taking it off just because it was so small. I think it goes around the throttle body but I have spent days looking around and trying to find where it goes back.

Here are two pictures of the little U hose. Please help me find the correct home for it if you could please.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cNxbm-agZoV7pMuwOsR-64DO8J84yAH2

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sGWDrNhPSdQe-Z5KnlIaAeCWRVC44spj

Not sure how to get the photos to work so I added the link.

I stopped into the local Volvo dealer parts counter and they could not find it on the computer diagrams so that was no help...

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Not sure how to get the photos to work so I added the link.

I stopped into the local Volvo dealer parts counter and they could not find it on the computer diagrams so that was no help...
You cannot link photos directly from your drive (usually) because they are too large. Upload to a host like IMGUR, then copy and paste the entire BB Code line it generates.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I'll do some looking around but it's not something I recall seeing before.

Glad you brought up the "valve cover gasket leak killed the alternator" part, folks have a tendency to put the cover reseal job off since it's somewhat labor intensive.

Congrats on getting all this work done.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I just looked on mine . Can’t see anything from the surface (except the newly wet valve cover...). Lol.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have another XC90 V8 (Mom's) to look at and it cann't be seen on the serfice.

Really hope someone can remember the placement of this. I can hear the air hiss but with the car running and all the noise it is too hard to pinpoint.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is down in there someplace. Not viewable normally. I have another V8 to look at and can not see it.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Really hope someone can remember the placement of this. I can hear the air hiss but with the car running and all the noise it is too hard to pinpoint.
The fact that you hear air "hissing" indicates that it is vacuum related ... look for a small nipple or hose connection near the throttle body intake, air plenum or valve cover area.

Also, most Volvo OE parts have numbers on them. See if you can detect any numbers on the piece.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks. I did look closely at the part and no part number. It is almost too small for that. I wonder if it is apart of some vacuum valve or something that is has a part number. That is why Volvo can't find it. It is not it's own part.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts