SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new member here.

I know I've seen posts about this here before but I can't find them so sorry if I'm repeating other people's issues.

My 2017 XC90 T8 doesn't want to start. When I turn it on all the lights come up etc. as normal. There are no error message or warning signs, it looks like the car is as normal. Except that I can't change the gear or release the handbrake so it's stuck.

Volvo is going to pick it up and take it too their workshop so hopefully they will sort this out.

Has anyone had this issue before?

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
The T8 does not necessarily start the engine unless you have the driving mode set for power or the traction battery is really low. Now if you mean you can not drive. Are you trying to back up or go forward. That makes a difference. Some of the cars would not go forward unless you had your seatbelt on. I think that changed with some of the software upgrades. If you are saying that the gear shift will not go from park to anything else that does sound odd.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi all, new member here.

I know I've seen posts about this here before but I can't find them so sorry if I'm repeating other people's issues.

My 2017 XC90 T8 doesn't want to start. When I turn it on all the lights come up etc. as normal. There are no error message or warning signs, it looks like the car is as normal. Except that I can't change the gear or release the handbrake so it's stuck.

Volvo is going to pick it up and take it too their workshop so hopefully they will sort this out.

Has anyone had this issue before?
I purchased my 2018 T8 last February and experienced this problem once in the first few months. Similar to you, the car was “on” but the gears wouldn’t shift. I turned off the car and walked away for 10 minutes and made sure the car fob was out of range. When I returned and started the car again, no problem. Since the problem hasn’t returned, I ignored the problem. Good luck and let us know what you learn from your dealer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts