SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I noticed that when I am starting the car in hybrid or pure modus, I am hitting a couple of reduced power moments. It feels like the car accelerates, it somehow freezes a couple of seconds (once or twice) and then drives normal again.
This seems to happen only at lower speeds between 0-25 kmh / 0-15 mph. Once I get a higher speed (even if I am driving on the battery), I don't seem to have this issue anymore.
I also don't get any errors or warnings whatsoever.

Called my Volvo dealer but they don't seem to know about this particular issue and recommended to have it checked.

Has any of you encountered something similar?

I am driving an XC90 T8 2016 model.

Thanks

·
Registered
152 Posts
I know what you mean but mine does not freeze for a couple of seconds. More like a very slight dip in power delivery for maybe 0.5 seconds or less. If I stab the gas pedal hard when this happens, the combustion engine kicks in and the issue goes away. But it is so slight in my case that I would rather just adapt my driving to the cars power delivery than call it a fault. Usually, I notice that this happens when I am close to top demand on battery power and I sometimes back off the accelerator to prevent the combustion engine from kicking in. I am OK with this. It seems to be the zone where the car is deciding whether to fire up the combustion engine or not.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got a confirmation that this is a known issue. Need a full day to get it repaired. Current advised workaround is driving in Power modus.
Will update this post if I get some additional details afterwards (early July).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Apparently the issue was caused by an issue with the ERAD clutch (ERAD = Drive-E Electric Rear Axle Drive).
Symptons are powerloss when using the battery but potentially also making extra noice or shake the car when using the break.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts