SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
XC90 T8 Polestar - addressed to US market only
To anyone sitting on the fence about trading up to a 2020 T8 in the U.S. market, where Polestar is now available: DO IT!
Having come from a 2017 T8, the seamless torque from low speeds and lack of hesitation is quite noticeable.
It's not so much about acceleration which, according to the specs is just about the same, it's more about the smoothness and certainty of power delivery throughout the range.

DISCUSS

·
Registered
40 Posts
XC90 T8 Polestar - addressed to US market only
To anyone sitting on the fence about trading up to a 2020 T8 in the U.S. market, where Polestar is now available: DO IT!
Having come from a 2017 T8, the seamless torque from low speeds and lack of hesitation is quite noticeable.
It's not so much about acceleration which, according to the specs is just about the same, it's more about the smoothness and certainty of power delivery throughout the range.

DISCUSS
They just need to certify the tune for the T8 2019/2018/2017/2016 model years in the US. Trading up at a cost of thousands to tens of thousands for effectively the same vehicle with a tune doesn't make a lot of sense from a lot of perspectives. If you're wanting to trade-up already for other reasons (have a pre-2019 and the smaller fuel tank, or want 6 row seating enough to spend 15k+ more to get it, or wanting to specify different options) then I could see opting for the tune, too - but I wouldn't trade just for it.

I say this as a '19 owner who would love this tune, but my XC90 T8 is otherwise perfect.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I have a 2019 XC 60 T8.....I could care less about more power/torque....I find myself just enjoying the ride....Actually made me more of a mellow driver....See how far I can go on Battery.

·
Registered
8,791 Posts
there isn't a 2020 XC90 T8 Polestar. There is however a Polestar optimization available for 2020 XC90s. The only Polestar trim models are in the 60 series right now.

·
Registered
22 Posts
No Polestar optimization on XC90 T8

there isn't a 2020 XC90 T8 Polestar. There is however a Polestar optimization available for 2020 XC90s. The only Polestar trim models are in the 60 series right now.
As far as we know there is no Polestar optimization available for the T8 XC90. We got our car at the end of August through Overseas Delivery (OSD) at the factory in Sweden for US delivery. We asked about adding Polestar optimization and they said you can't add it to the T8.

·
Registered
8,791 Posts
Yes it is, discussed in another thread.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,368 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As far as we know there is no Polestar optimization available for the T8 XC90. We got our car at the end of August through Overseas Delivery (OSD) at the factory in Sweden for US delivery. We asked about adding Polestar optimization and they said you can't add it to the T8.
Assuming you have a MY2020, check back with your dealer. Polestar only became available for the US market last month.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Looking at the increased power outputs and the rpms, it rather looks like just the red line was raised to a higher rpm setting.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looking at the increased power outputs and the rpms, it rather looks like just the red line was raised to a higher rpm setting.
The statistics don't really tell the whole story. The power delivery is simply much smoother. The difference, even at low-speed city driving, is noticeable.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have a 2019 XC 60 T8.....I could care less about more power/torque....I find myself just enjoying the ride....Actually made me more of a mellow driver....See how far I can go on Battery.
Agree. The T8 is plenty fast and acceleration is very smooth.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts