SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I have a 2017 XC90 T8.
My hybrid battery won't charge. The app says 'charging paused'. Pushing 'start charging' doesn't help.
The licht on the charging point on the car remains white.
Any ideas?

Thanks for all the respons. They replaced the charger and it was OK again.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Unplug the EV plug-in and re-connect with some light pressure to make sure it seats properly.

Otherwise search on XC90 sub forum as it seems a couple of Swede-speedsters had a similar issue in the past.

Because my utility has my 240v service on a contoller, my VOC shows that battery charging is paused, but the car shows green initially and times out until power is restored from the grid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hi,

I have a 2017 XC90 T8.
My hybrid battery won't charge. The app says 'charging paused'. Pushing 'start charging' doesn't help.
The licht on the charging point on the car remains white.
Any ideas?
I had a similar issue that turned out to be a problem with my Mennekes charging unit. If you have a similar unit, this may help.

My car would not charge and the app showed ‘charging paused’. I could charge the car with the portable charger but not my wall unit so I knew it was a wall unit issue.

Each time I cut off the power to the unit to ‘reboot it’ as it were, it would hang, showing either a red spanner symbol or a white egg timer. The manual (joke) indicated this was a failure to pass a pre-check routine.

I am not recommending you do this if you are not electrically minded but this is what I did.

First, I disconnected my charging unit from the power supply. Then I opened it up - the front unscrews and folds down. There are a couple of circuit breakers there. I made sure that all of them were unset and set again. There is also an electronic switch - on my unit you hear a loud click when the charging cycle is engaged. I manipulated this switch manually too. Finally, I reconnected the unit and unset and rest the circuit breakers again. I closed the unit and reconnected the car. Everything worked.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
I’ve recently had a “charging error” displayed in VOC and when I went to physically check, the TurboCord seemed to be blinking fine although perhaps slightly faster than usual and the light over the J1772 outlet on our T8 was white. I moved to a different outlet and plugged back in and my T8 then sustained “charging” to a full charge. I guess it was a bad 120v outlet in the parking garage.

If you’re using a ChargePoint try the TurboCord to try it to isolate the problem to either your 240V EVSE or your T8’s onboard charger. If you’re using the TurboCord try plugging it into a different outlet. Like in my case it could have been a bad outlet that prevented the charger onboard from receiving an adequate supply to charge the battery.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts