SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since a few months I had smal problems with my hybrid battery. After only driving a few km with a full battery and reconnecting the car, the battery wouldn't charge to its upper limit.
I went to my dealer and they installed new software. First new impression was the range shown on the dashboard. Before I had 28 km in Hybrid mode and 33 in Pure. Not it shows 35 and 40. I did my business and coming home I had 1 km left on the dashboard. Checking my trips on VOC I came to the conclusion I did 33 km wit 1 electric charge, no petrol used. The days after I kept a close look and came to the conclusion that I could drive easily more then 30 km on each charge, one time even 38 driving like grandpa with an outside temp of 15°C. Before the update 30 km was hard to reach.
Fearing that the software would use the complete capacity of the battery wich is not wanted due to possible rapid decay I checked with the dealer and asked them to check with Volvo.
They answered me that it was OK and that there was an optimalisation of the battery use and that now 90% capacity of the battery is used leaving a safe 10% buffer.

I'm in Europe
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,169 Posts
Interesting. Did they show a part number for the software that they installed?
Thanks,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No - I wasn't there when they did it. And they don't disclose this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,003 Posts
No - I wasn't there when they did it. And they don't disclose this.
When was your last regular service? I am wondering how I can get this between my yearly maintenance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just complain about your battery sometimes not loading after using the car for a few miles. My last service was november 2018 but the update was 3 weeks ago.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top