SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes - official dealer won't change cell's - and they do not have a better or more powerful ones. There has to be more powerful cell's it's only matter of time when someone does it...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Was there problems? Battery box is "easy" to take off. Cell's are easy to change. Cell calibration can be done even with tiny charger and a bulb (?).. So after it may be issue with software if it gets angry when there is too much power? Haven't done my self and won't do, but I read somewhere - a guy fixed unfixable battery pack too. (not Volvo).

Have you any idea, is it possible to fill the box with more powerful cell's or is there better cells..

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And does someone have even a strong hunch how much of battery power is limited by software to make battery life longer and "hide" wear from consumers? I think Volvo xc90*s battery's are from LG
There are couple guys from Czech Republic and doing all kind of software changes..

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Those Czech guys cant go in these yet.. Rica can, I'll contact them if they have some plans for electric drivetrain. (Rica is one engine software optimizer - I'v had rica's software in all my cars since 2007..)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes I do - just got too carried away when looked Prius upgrade numbers.. Less weight, more power etc. Have you heard if anyone has done upgrades.. How it's done in new long range models? Bigger batterybox or better cell's?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Is there a video or article that you are referring to that can be shared?
You would't understand a word.. Some electrician fixed hybrid battery w/o expensive tools. He said that every cell should have same voltage and how to do it - charge individually and if you over charge you may use even a bulb to discharge..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts