SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,667 Posts
Dealer can test it and balance it through the software in car. They will not replace individual cell though.

Sent from my moto g power (XT2041DL) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,667 Posts
Edit: I think it's not the same with T8's - these already have lithium batteries?

Hi, Hybrid guy does upgrades to Prius... Big difference in weight and power.
T8 uses lithium battery already, but you may want newer, better lithium battery that is higher capacity. :)

·
Registered
7,667 Posts
Yes I do - just got too carried away when looked Prius upgrade numbers.. Less weight, more power etc. Have you heard if anyone has done upgrades.. How it's done in new long range models? Bigger batterybox or better cell's?
Volvo is doing it right now, putting 18.8Kwh battery in same T8 body. :) We don't know if they had left spare space inside the battery pack or the new cells are higher capacity.

·
Registered
7,667 Posts
Fyi. I havent test drived the 2022 with 18.8kwh battery yet.
But it seems that space was taken from underneath the middle console. Shallower storage space and removed drive selection wheel. But this is just my speculations atm.

I am really looking forward to the possibility to tune or upgrade the battery for the current models. But for my2019+ someone need to crack the Denso/freescale first..
The driving mode wheel is removed from all new models, B5 B6 as well. It is not T8 related. The arm rest storage was shallow already. Only several cube inch space could be saved by completely removing it, far from space needed for bigger battery.

Reactions: FDL5231
1 - 4 of 4 Posts