SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good news for those customers, living in California, who ordered XC90 T8s.

Deliveries are expected to take place toward the LATTER part of this month.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Great news!

·
Registered
58 Posts
This is great news! Hoping that somehow my T8 estimate will now advance from April back to March

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is great news! Hoping that somehow my T8 estimate will now advance from April back to March

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ha! :)

That will have no effect on a vehicle scheduled to arrive 3.5 to 4 months from now.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I know that the limit on the green stickers has been reached (and that it sunsets in 2019), but on the off chance that more green carpool stickers are released in California, will the T8 be added to the list of approved vehicles? It isn't currently listed on the CARB website.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Weird. Just this SECOND I was on the phone with our local dealer -- Volvo Marin in Corte Madera, Marin County (just a few minutes north of San Francisco) -- because they wanted to let us know they just got their first T8 in stock, although we're definitely sticking with our T6 decision if only due to the absurd $20K premium of the T8.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Weird. Just this SECOND I was on the phone with our local dealer -- Volvo Marin in Corte Madera, Marin County (just a few minutes north of San Francisco) -- because they wanted to let us know they just got their first T8 in stock, although we're definitely sticking with our T6 decision if only due to the absurd $20K premium of the T8.
I wonder why there's such a huge price difference from T6 to T8 in US?? In Canada it's $8,300 difference if you look at Inscription (not including any rebates which makes the difference even less)

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
I wonder why there's such a huge price difference from T6 to T8 in US?? In Canada it's $8,300 difference if you look at Inscription (not including any rebates)
Maybe it is colder in Canada and T8 can run less miles on battery? Or people in Canada spend less on cars than in US?

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Maybe it is colder in Canada and T8 can run less miles on battery? Or people in Canada spend less on cars than in US?
I highly doubt that's the case lol

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
... although we're definitely sticking with our T6 decision if only due to the absurd $20K premium of the T8.
Yeowza - and that is everything else configuration wise being identical? I have a T8 - but don't recall it being that much higher than a T6. Here are prices in USD from the Volvo OSD price list 162 - T8 dated 17 Jun 2015 and T6 dated 01 Sep 2015.

Code:
49050 XC90 T6 AWD
 5600 Inscription
 1800 Vision
 1950 Climate + HUD
 1800 Convenience
 2650 Premium Sound B&W
  560 Luminous sand metallic

63410 total

67080 XC90 T8 AWD
 3500 Inscription
 1600 Vision
 1950 Climate + HUD
 1800 Convenience
 2500 Premium Sound B&W
  560 Luminous sand metallic

78990 total

15580 difference comparable loaded vehicles

18030 difference base vehicle

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know that the limit on the green stickers has been reached (and that it sunsets in 2019), but on the off chance that more green carpool stickers are released in California, will the T8 be added to the list of approved vehicles? It isn't currently listed on the CARB website.
Yes.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Do not forget that if you can itemize your deductions, the T8 also has just over a $4800 credit. This comes right off the amount of taxes you owe, so just say your taxes before the credit are $10,000 and you can itemize, you get a credit of just over $4800, so the taxes you have to pay it $5200. So, you can essentially take that off the purchase price if you qualify.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Yeah guys, look: the T8 starts nearly $20K more than the T6:

T6 AWD: $49,800
T8 AWD: $68,100

Those are the starting MSRP from Volvo's website. Option them up equally, and that price delta carries right on through to the end: around $65K vs $85K or something like that.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Do not forget that if you can itemize your deductions, the T8 also has just over a $4800 credit. This comes right off the amount of taxes you owe, so just say your taxes before the credit are $10,000 and you can itemize, you get a credit of just over $4800, so the taxes you have to pay it $5200. So, you can essentially take that off the purchase price if you qualify.
A word of advice, re: those who are (or planning on) leasing a T8; you may not be entitled to any tax credits since, practically, you do not own the car. Check with your state tax law and/or your tax advisor.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts

Those are the starting MSRP from Volvo's website. Option them up equally, and that price delta carries right on through to the end: around $65K vs $85K or something like that.
This is probably one time I'm glad I'm buying the T8 in Canada lol Usually US has lower prices for cars but not this time I guess :p

·
Registered
4,289 Posts

T8 all has Thor headlight, and should be compared to T6 + Momentum Plus package, not the base T6 Momentum. So the diff is around $16.4k or so.

·
Registered
492 Posts
T8 all has Thor headlight, and should be compared to T6 + Momentum Plus package, not the base T6 Momentum. So the diff is around $16.4k or so.
Ah ok, didn't know. Still, that's $16K :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
FYI, the T8 has been added to the lists in California for both the $1500 rebate and the green carpool stickers (only if the legislature approves the release of more stickers). Looks like they only backdated it to January 26, so if you took delivery of your T8 in California before then, I don't think you are eligible for the rebate (luckily we got ours on 1/28). Yes, it is an $80k car, but I know I could still use that extra $1500. I'm not optimistic about the stickers, though that would be nice if they come through. The carpool lanes in the SF bay area are pretty jammed already, so it may be hard to get more stickers, and the perk sunsets in 2019 and probably won't be renewed then anyway. Note that you have to wait until you have a license plate before you can send in an application for the carpool stickers. DMV says that they are accepting applications and holding them in a waiting list.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Does anyone know what the purchase date is considered to be for tax purposes on an OSD? I am assuming the date you make the full payment (roughly a month before delivery). If you have to have a license plate to apply for the carpool stickers (get on the waiting list), that obviously cannot happen until after US delivery.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts