SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The XC90 T8 will be excluded from our government (Quebec Canada) rebate program as of January 2016 because it is 0.8KwH short of the new 10KwH minimum for PHEV vehicules. My delivery was just recently pushed into 2016, Volvo's latest delay just cost me 3,500$. Upcoming Outlander PHEV does make the cut but I do not fancy its latest incarnation, Teslas qualify for an $8,000 rebate.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I do not know the Ontario (or other province) rules. Quebec requires more and more battery KwH each year and Volvo built a car just below a round number ie 9.2 rather than 10+. In 2015 it was 7Kwh so Volvo qualified. I was told some markets are now excluding luxury vehicles in their rebate programs. I still qualify for the green license plates wouhou...

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
no rebates in Alberta
That sucks! We get a very good rebate here in Ontario $6,300 & I hope it stays that way lol

I'm just surprised that in Quebec battery size has to be 10 kWh to get a rebate unlike in Ontario they have different rebates for different battery sizes.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
OP, maybe you can update the title of this thread & add "Quebec, Canada" so others don't panic like I did lol :D

·
Registered
2,356 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Rebate

That sucks! We get a very good rebate here in Ontario $6,300 & I hope it stays that way lol

I'm just surprised that in Quebec battery size has to be 10 kWh to get a rebate unlike in Ontario they have different rebates for different battery sizes.
Mind if I ask where you got that $6300 number.? I've looked all over and I can't find out what rebate will be given since it's not released yet.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Mind if I ask where you got that $6300 number.? I've looked all over and I can't find out what rebate will be given since it's not released yet.
I believe its an interpolation between the min ($5000 at 4kwh) and max ($8500 at 17) based on having a 9.2 kwh battery. Though my calc puts that at around $6400.

This of course assumes the incentive program will continue as is...which if Ontario follows QCs lead, might not happen.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Thanks I'm new to the site. Believe it or not we have 2 T8's on order, we ordered them last month. My wife is disabled and it's the only SUV that has a big enough to take her wheel chair or her 600lb power chair with a lift crane installed, We searched high and low for an decent size Suv to do it and nothing would work either way to big or way too small ..The Q7 was an option but since they changed the style it's a no go. The other XC90 well I liked it so much i put an order in also. I'm more of a sedan guy, but it was getting tiresome ether taking her modified van that drives like crap scrapes the exhaust over the smallest bump or taking apart her wheel char to fit in my trunk. Now we can throw a wheel chair in and some luggage and be on the way no matter who's car we take.

My dealer quoted me about $5300 for the rebate for each car ... I suspect they used the rest to pay for some options we put on the cars. But then again if it's not officially released can they put the rebate on the paperwork.?

It is nice to have a place to discuss these issues.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
My dealer quoted me about $5300 for the rebate for each car ... I suspect they used the rest to pay for some options we put on the cars. But then again if it's not officially released can they put the rebate on the paperwork.?

It is nice to have a place to discuss these issues.

Thanks
Congratulations!

When I inquired about the rebate I was told because the T8 is still not here yet, Volvo hasn't officially applied for the rebate yet with Ontario government. I was told they need to apply approx 30 days before the cars start arriving and at that point they will confirm exact rebate amount. So looks like your dealer will need to adjust the final rebate amount before you take delivery.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
The Quebec government reintroduced the $4000 rebate until 2020 just 8 days before it was to expire. And I will get my T8 in 50 days ! Volvo Canada is also offering a $500 credit and Apple CarPlay for buyers like me that will have waited close to a Year to get their Plug in Hybrid T8's. http://vehiculeselectriques.gouv.qc.ca/english/rabais.asp

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Great news!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts