SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Volvo XC40 P8 Recharge in Sage Green!
73 Posts
My dealer is estimating end of December or beginning of January for delivery of my T8.
Sounds about right....
What specs did you order?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I ordered my T8 in october 2014. First they said march-april, then it would be around the half september. now it's october-december.
But my dealer told me that the production starts only in september and thought that they only would be able to give correct estimates then.

I guess that is what you get when you buy a cool new man-toy car that everyone wants, you have to get in the waiting line in time and be patient.

I will ask my dealer for an aniversary cake with an orrefors candle to celebrate the one year order in two months.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I ordered my T8 in october 2014. First they said march-april, then it would be around the half september. now it's october-december.
But my dealer told me that the production starts only in september and thought that they only would be able to give correct estimates then.

I guess that is what you get when you buy a cool new man-toy car that everyone wants, you have to get in the waiting line in time and be patient.

I will ask my dealer for an aniversary cake with an orrefors candle to celebrate the one year order in two months.
Same here in France.
Ordered at the Paris motor show in October 2014.
Initial delivery scheduled for mid-july, then september, then november/december then finally (12th July) for early February. I am now in touch with Volvo France for further price reduction...

·
Registered
13 Posts
It is very frustrating indeed.

But I know there are some options which delay your production , like the 3rd row power seats.
It also seems that the production of the T8 is now grouped by country in Europe ( I read that in another thread).

I wish you luck on your discussions with Volvo France.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think the reason is that the dutch have a special tax they call 'bijtelling' which roughly translates to addon tax.
Which means that a percentage of the value of the car is added on top of the car price based on the emissions.
the T8 was tested at 49 g CO2 which means 7% instead of 14%.
But the government lowers the baseline for 7% in 2016 , which means that volvo netherlands is in a hurry to get as much T8 as it possibly can before the new-year. T8 sold after that will qualify for 14%.

That is if I understood the whole taxation issue of the netherlands correctly.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Correct GMAN_T8, only the tax is not on top of the car, but on top of your annual income.

Driving the T8 for 5 year (max length for tax-reduction) will bring over € 50.000 of tax saving. That's why all 2.500 Dutch XC90's T8 were sold-out in a few weeks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well as usual explaining the belgian taxation issue would take a longer.

If you buy your car as a company car in flanders, you have something similar split over various taxes and tax rebates which amount to almost the difference between D5/T6 and T8 over a period of 5 a 6 years.
alas our french speaking friends in belgium are not as lucky as they are purely taxed on power and not eco-friendliness.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Correct GMAN_T8, only the tax is not on top of the car, but on top of your annual income.

Driving the T8 for 5 year (max length for tax-reduction) will bring over € 50.000 of tax saving. That's why all 2.500 Dutch XC90's T8 were sold-out in a few weeks.
Gosh, I wish I was leaving in the Netherlands. I certainly know how to use 50K€ of personal tax credit....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.