SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I ordered a XC90 T8 which will be delivered beginning december. :p

I was looking to order a set of winter tires and now it seems that for a T8 you can not order the 18" set? and even stranger: volvo has 2 19" wheel sets of which only 1 fit on the T8?

What is the reason for this? Am I doing something wrong if I put the 18" set on my T8 ?

thanks & regards

·
Registered
496 Posts
It's correct the amount of available rims is limited for T8.
I understood, due to disk brake dimensions only 19" and larger are allowed. Secondly, due to total vehicle weight, not all 19"/20" rims are allowed.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I had same problem wanted the alternative 20 inch rims on my T8 inscription (due 22nd Feb) but was told not allowed by uk dealer and also not allowed as dealer option either. Would be surprised if it was about weight on this massive car!!

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
You know, the weight thing has never made much sense to me. Just seems really strange, what is the difference in rating between the 19" that are available vs the ones that are not?

·
Registered
696 Posts
It's correct the amount of available rims is limited for T8.
I understood, due to disk brake dimensions only 19" and larger are allowed. Secondly, due to total vehicle weight, not all 19"/20" rims are allowed.
Pirellis AFAIK have 55psi limit, most of the rest are 45psi, one of the small drawbacks of added battery pack weight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts