SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here have the Polestar tune on a T6, and use it for towing? I just purchased a 2019 T6 (dealer swap, so the car won't arrive until next week) and am considering having the dealer add the Polestar tune prior to delivery. I'll be towing an enclosed trailer with small car, total weight about 4000 lbs. Based on Polestar's claims, it seems like it should help when towing -- a bit more mid-range torque, quicker downshifts, and holding lower gears a bit longer. Anyone have some real-world experience to confirm this?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hopefully your options list first included the 4CAir? I use the dealer installed hitch to carry some heavy ebikes and cargo though I have not pulled a trailer yet. The torque increase with the polestar is amazing and for trailer pulling I think its a no brainer. Double check, but I believe you can try it and if you don't see enough of a difference you can have it backed out.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, thanks Willybz, it has the 4C air suspension and dealer-installed hitch. I wouldn't have bought an XC90 without 4C air.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Polestar adds more midrange power. 2016 XC90s shift points were skiddish, adding Polestar to the 2016s corrected the shift points and added power. Volvo corrected the shiftpoints with software upgrades.

I have a 2016 XC90 T6 & 2019 XC90 T6 both with Polestar. I’m thinking you’ll be very happy with the Polestar software upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts