1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
FYI, there is a thread about this from a while back. And yes, t5 is two row, not 3 row and fwd without the twin charged engine (only turbocharged) like the current t5 drive e engines but with, I believe, 10 more horespower squeezed out of it.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Does the t5 have more cargo space than the t6 with its third row folded down?
I don't know for sure, but I really doubt it. If so, it would be in the hatch under the back deck.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
That's the difference between the T5 and T6? I'm guessing the T5 lacks the supercharger?? If Polestar makes a tune for the T5 then it might be worth the savings.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Anyone think the T5 is "overpriced"? The T5 AWD with the same wheel and seats as the 7 seater starts at $49,095 without any additional package, that is only $1700 below the T6. And with $1700 get two more seats and the additional 50hp power.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Anyone think the T5 is "overpriced"? The T5 AWD with the same wheel and seats as the 7 seater starts at $49,095 without any additional package, that is only $1700 below the T6. And with $1700 get two more seats and the additional 50hp power.
Yeah. Seems like a no brainer to get the T6 and just permanently leave the third row folded down.

At time of resale you should get your $1700 back and in the meanwhile can enjoy the extra engine power.

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
That's the difference between the T5 and T6? I'm guessing the T5 lacks the supercharger?? If Polestar makes a tune for the T5 then it might be worth the savings.
Yes, as I said above, the t5 is not twincharged; it has a turbo but no supercharger. The t5 in the new xc90 gets 10 more horsepower squeezed out of it than other t5 drive e engines that are in, for example, the xc60.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
If the difference is only $1700 then the t5 with polestar tune is not going to be a great option.

Um but it starts at $45k so it's actually a lot cheaper. I got $47095 with the leather seats and standard 19" wheels.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
If I go with T5, I'll not want AWD. Even with T6 I don't need AWD for the weather in PNW. T5 base + Intro + Convenience pkg is a almost full featured high tech car at $47.5k. Really budget choice and barely more than Grand Cherokee. T6 with Momemtum Plus, Vision, and Convenience is priced almost $59k.

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
55,931 Posts
R-Design:
T5 RD: $53,345 with the $1,000 22inch wheel option
T6 RD: $55,795 with the $1,000 22inch wheel option

Options should be similarly priced, so well equipped:
$61,195 - T5 RD AWD
$64,945 - T6 RD AWD

For about $3,750 I'd probably just get the T6 and have 3rd row seating.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Options are different for T5 base. T5 got an Intro package, including Thor headlight and BLIS. It is only 1800, much cheaper than Momentum+ plus vision pkg. Doesn't matter for R-Design though.

The problem with large wheels now is that a urban/rigid body kit is required. 5k to 6k more.

·
Registered
478 Posts
One thing to keep in mind is that the T5 has considerably better gas milage than the T6.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Don't need to go T5 if you want AWD. The T5 engine cost is not significantly lower than T6 in manufacture. Just no electric supercharger motor and one less turbo fan. If you config T5 and T6 with same features it does not save much.

The best bang of money is T5 FWD with Intro and Convenience pkg.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
The problem with large wheels now is that a urban/rigid body kit is required. 5k to 6k more.
Are you sure about that? The momentum t6 is specd with the narrow wheels but it doesn't require anything special to increase wheel size. And if anything you would just have to add the body colored wheel arches, not the whole body kit. But I'm pretty sure that the wheel arches are standard on all US spec xc90s if not all xc90s worldwide.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
one of my favorite features on the X5 and X5M i owned... the double decker cargo area. very convenient. sadly nobody else does this.
I'm not too familiar with the x5 but the xc90 does in fact have a storage hatch below the main cargo deck. It's not huge but it's there.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts